1969 Schwinn Collegiate

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Purchased this bike from the original owner for $50. They still had the original owner's manual. I gave the bike a thorough cleaning and detail, replaced the tires/tubes, all cables, and put on a new NOS chainguard decal and some lever and valve cap covers. This bike rides like a dream!

BEFORE

100_1862.jpg

AFTER

100_2223.jpg

100_2225.jpg

100_2252.jpg

Very nice

I got a 74 Collegiate last night in light blue. Needs tires (they hold air, but look like they have a skin disease, weirdest rot I have ever seen). After a good scrubdown, tires, cables and a tune, I can only hope it looks half as good as yours!

The blue is great on it though, looks like someone rung out a Smurf into a paint gun!!

Re: Very nice

skoda said:
The blue is great on it though, looks like someone rung out a Smurf into a paint gun!!

Too funny!

Can't wait to see some photos. :mrgreen:

THAT THING IS IN AWESOME SHAPE !!! I wouldnt change a thing, how do you loosen up the brake controls clamps?, my cruiser 5 has the same set-up and i havent been able to figure em out yet, aside from forcing em off of there. And I agree theres somethin about that green too, it looks great !!!

Today, I bought a 1969 Schwinn Collegiate in Campus Green off Craigslist. Mine does not look as good as yours does. I would like to say "yet", but I am not going to kid myself, your bike is amazing!

What products/ procedures did you use on polishing the chrome? What about the painted parts?

Latest posts

Back