1970's STYLE "SIDEHACK" !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 1970's style sidehack/kid hauler/beer runner! I built this to be/do the fore mentioned activities! So far it is batting a thousand! I was and still am into bmx and I've been wanting to build a sidehack for days, but we were having a kid & couldnt put any money into anything for awhile because of having a baby so I put it off for awhile. Then it hit me! Why don't I make a "sidecar" for my son? I don't like the trailers because you cant see your baby! Well anyway....I built this bike for me/my son and when he gets big enough to hold on without a car seat strapped into it he will "BE" the monkey and we will ride the "sidehack" on the bmx track and have more fun with it!

first version.
5n4pjl.jpg

second & final mock up.
1z5re69.jpg

Me & Jamison Thrasher Lee !
2duf04h.jpg

well built "hack" man! i see 26" sidehack races in the future... and i see dead people :shock:

1st. that hack is sweet.
2nd. you must have a really(and i mean really with a capital R)cool wife to let you name yer son thrasher. even if it is a middle name.

that is just too cool, you did really good. glad to see a build like that, as side hack's are rare, even people don't build that many trike's either, very good job, and know that you and your small one will enjoy many hours with it

Sweet ride my man, almost makes me wish my son was that young again! (except for diapers,sleeping all night,... :wink: )
Just wondering, will he always be facing forwards (like while riding?) If so, you might want to consider some kind of bug/rock screen on the nose of the side-car. The tires your running don't look too prone to pick up crushed stone or gravel, but it never hurts to cover your bases right?
Bet you'll be asked a bunch of questions on it wherever you guys go.
Enjoy,
Rick

rick74304 said:
Sweet ride my man, almost makes me wish my son was that young again! (except for diapers,sleeping all night,... :wink: )
Just wondering, will he always be facing forwards (like while riding?) If so, you might want to consider some kind of bug/rock screen on the nose of the side-car. The tires your running don't look too prone to pick up crushed stone or gravel, but it never hurts to cover your bases right?
Bet you'll be asked a bunch of questions on it wherever you guys go.
Enjoy,
Rick
Yes , he will...But he is so little that all I do is ride on the street or bike path! No rocks are be flung up! Were just cruisin!

first CONGRATS with your little bro.......and Second thats a sick ride........Awesome work and I wish the very best for you and your new family......Laters.....

Latest posts

Back