1976 A&A rigid

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guy I got it from had picked it up at a yard sale. I didnt know what it was, just that it was mid/late 70's, so I scanned the Museum db year by year till I found a match. What a long strange trip it must of been for it to end up in a small town in mid michigan. Probably snuck over the mississippi in a truck load of Coors beer (if your too young for that reference, see "Smokey & The Bandit").

Big Enos Burdette, b...u...d...oh heck I got to go :) I was just watching that movie this past week!

Great bike, I like it too, cool piece of history there!

Sooo sweet! My first BMX that wasn't a stingray was a brand new A&A MotoBike.. My dad had a Honda MC shop that sold them. took me all summer mowing lawns to buy one and it was MAD! I used to race guys through the freshly tilled walnut orchards for a dollar.... :grin:

Actually I've been meaning to post a correction- Its not an A&A, but from a company called Bear. ID it with help from Monster Robot over on the museum. The frame is almost identical to the A&A, but had a rivited badge on the head tube. Found the rivit holes after pickin' at the paint. Wish it was one, because there is alot more info about A&A out there. Bear seems to be a ghost-no info about them to be found.
I'm with you about the lawn cutting- I had to deliver alot of newspapers to get my supergoose as a kid!

Been picking up some era correct stuff to build it up. (If I was single and had no kids you'd be looking at Moto mags and stamped Ashtabula parts :))

Btw, if anyone hasn't tried the loctite aluminum jelly-it's magical stuff

Latest posts

Back