1976 YAMAHA MOTO BIKE PROJECT (FAT GUY PHOTO & VIDEO)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1976 YAMAHA MOTO BIKE PROJECT (DONE!!!!)

wheres the fenders :? ? just kidding!! it looks amazing as usual! :shock:

I would like to track down a black plastic fender for the rear...not sure where to start with that hunt.

I will see if I can get my 8 year old to shoot a photo of me on it for a size reference....maybe some riding video too. :wink:

***** CAUTION: FAT 40 YR OLD WITH FISH BELLY WHITE LEGS AHEAD ******

DSC_0002-4.jpg

DSC_0009-4.jpg

Obviously the bike is a bit on the small side for me...I'm 5'9" tall and weight 178lbs. It's not too bad though considering it's a 20" bike.

Riding video coming up next. :D

Re: 1976 YAMAHA MOTO BIKE PROJECT (FAT GUY PHOTO))

How did you get a ghost to ride your bike :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm just kidding, very cool bike, I'd love to have something like that in my collection :wink:

Re: 1976 YAMAHA MOTO BIKE PROJECT (FAT GUY PHOTO))

Ha Ha...it's called the "luck of the Irish." :lol:

Here's an extremely boring video...

Looking so swank! I am working on mine while on vacation this week. Had it professionally painted a few days ago and am starting assembly.

I don't have araya's, but do have a set of lester mags from the era I will run. Just because the bike wasn't heavy enough already, or yellow enough! :shock:

BTw someone is selling a NOS chainguard for your year Moto-bike on ebay. You have to search for Yamaha J-60 or J60 (other name for our bikes) as he didn't know they were for a bike till I told him. Be warned though, he wants as much as a really nice Moto-bike!

IMG_0937.jpg

It's looking great so far! :D

Wow..that auction is ridiculous....I see him sitting on that for quite a long time. :roll:

Yup, my yellow one is all back together and is probably my best single speed rider. Pedals like a breeze. I need to take shots of it, but have been having too much fun riding it. Rode that thing 10 miles one day. (pic) I need to either get the fork tubes rechromed or cough up the cash for some replacement ones.

Your son's Kawasaki is on my HOT-list for bikes I am keeping my eyes out for. Especially the aluminum one. I like the idea of it being lighter than the Yamaha!

185247_10150339470660712_735360711_.jpg

i really like the orange ...looks awsome ...!!! hey i have a flat plastic fender if u think u could make it work somehow....ill get u a pic if u wanna see it ...its ur for free if ya want it ....LMK

aka_locojoe said:
There's one for sale at a local pawn shop. I didn't notice what they were asking for it.

IMG_1653.JPG

Dang!!!! I need to find that pawn shop!!!!

As a kid, just when the muscle bikes were going out of style, there were three of these on the little island I grew up on in Savannah. Two brothers had a yellow one and an orange one. Another guy had a baby blue Prince brand that was identical in every way we could tell. Very cool rides.

Latest posts

Back