1978 CCM Voodoo MX 850

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
pic_1.jpg

Here's the end result of my resto/mod 1978 CCM Voodoo MX 850

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...cm-voodoo-mx-850-canadian-bmx-bicycle.101623/

This is the bike that only took me 30+ years to own. I started with a pretty solid survivor bike that I paid $20 extra for because I was worried someone would snag it before I did. They were asking $80 and I was happy to pay $100. I replaced a lot of the parts with correct NOS parts and added a few custom touches. The headlight is mounted on a custom 3d printed bracket and the horn in the light is operated by a button that I installed in a 3d printed housing. I used a chrome chain ring and added custom decals to it. I opted for a simple MX 850 decal on the tank instead of the CCM voodoo decal that would have come on some original bikes. I also updated the seat cover by sewing my own with heat pleated 1" black vinyl. I'm very pleased with the overall result. This thing is a tank and it's still as heavy as I remember it being when I had a chance to ride one as five year old.

pic_2.jpg

Sweet restoration!!!!! A great part of the 70s Bicycle history . I also remember riding some one else's MX 850 as a kid . I don't think I ever felt so cool as that day in the 70s ...This bike would have been any boys Christmas dream bike back in the day .
The Only problem i see with it is more pictures please ...[emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet!
You have some mad restoration skills!

:heart:it. a few of these have been popping up here. might invest in one.
They come up quite often around here, but they are usually pretty rough. You basically have a frame and need to buy all new parts!! Expensive to restore!!

Latest posts

Back