1980 Free Spirit FS500

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I picked this up from 65rat at the Midwest Bicycle Swap for almost nothing. I wanted it just because I didn't think I could hurt myself bad enough on my usual rolling stock. I tossed it by the truck to await the end of the day. As I was loading the truck up my powder coater dropped by and he just had to have it since he just started sponsoring a team at the local BMX park. We did a little wheeling and dealing and finally struck a deal. I get a free powder coating job and he gets the bike plus I tore it apart so he could work his magic on it and I will put it back together when he is done. It wasn't until I dropped by my LBS yesterday that I began to regret my descision to redo an original bike. My LBS happens to cater to the BMX crowd and he was telling my about his trip to the swap. He told me how the only bike he saw that interested him was an old red and white 24" BMX cruiser that was leaning on a truck. Surely, he thought, who ever has this bike won't be asking less than $100. He said he wanted it just like it was to display in his shop. That is when I revealed that it was mine when he saw it and told him what I was doing to it. I hated seeing the heartbreak in his eyes as he realized that the wheel I had brought in was off of that bike.

When I get the parts back from my coater I will post some pics of the new old BMX.

2011-04-17164632.jpg

Latest posts

Back