1980 Raleigh Grand Prix "Road Warrior" Fixed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This was an exciting project for me! This is a 1980 Raleigh Grand Prix 10 speed bicycle. This one was being salvaged for parts to get some other bikes back on the road down at the co-op. I will end up recycling many of the parts I replace back at the co-op. I brought her home to take her to a new level.
I was going to go bare bones and make it a coaster brake bike, but I couldn't find a hub wide enough, so I made her a fixed gear. I shaved off all of the fulcrums and cable guides for the gearing, to her down to bare metal and shot some primer and Hot Hues Hot Rod Black (I love that stuff). She's sitting on some Weinmann 700c wheels now and I put a Wrights leather saddle on with a suspension seat posts. She also got a new bottom bracket. Hope you like it!

PoppaShango

raleighgp002.jpg

raleighgp002.jpg

raleighgp035.jpg

raleighframefork.jpg

ralproj104.jpg

ralproj106.jpg

ralproj107.jpg

raleighgp035.jpg

rpcomp009.jpg

rpcomp010.jpg

rpcomp011.jpg

rpcomp014.jpg

rpcomp018.jpg

Speed2XS said:
Nice bicycle. how do you like the seatpost?
Thank you for the props! I haven't taken her out for a ride yet. We are still sittin' in snow here. Suppose to get 6 inches tonight. Besides, I have never rode a fixed gear before ..lol. When it finally melts off I might give it a turn or two around the block, but then I'll sell it. Gotta pay for the next project!

College campus hipster goons would be on that like a fly on stink. Good luck with the sale, looks good.

PoppaShango said:
Besides, I have never rode a fixed gear before ..lol. When it finally melts off I might give it a turn or two around the block, but then I'll sell it.

Definately takes some gettin used to that a couple blocks may not do, but I can certainly see the "need" to sell it. Heck, I'll bet maybe even some non-college campus hipsters goons :roll: will find interest in it as it's a decent looking bike.

hotfoot said:
College campus hipster goons would be on that like a fly on stink. Good luck with the sale, looks good.

LOL Thanks for compliment! Hey I'm not too particular when I sell one of my bikes. I do make sure that the bike fits the buyer though! But hey if the college hipsters crowd wants them , awesome I'll keep pumpin' them out. I have 14 other project bikes in the works. I do have plans for a stretch cruiser though and I need the funds to start.

Latest posts

Back