1980 SCHWINN SUPER LE TOUR

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hooch said:
arent your shifters connected to welded bosses on the frame? if they are I wouldnt switch anyways because then you will have the things stickin out

You may be right...I'll have to check.

Hooch said:
arent your shifters connected to welded bosses on the frame? if they are I wouldnt switch anyways because then you will have the things stickin out

Believe they are, but Suntour had a bracket that bolted to the bosses that was used as a cable stop on their barcons bar end shifters. You could put one of those on their and it would look good too. :wink:

Aaron 8)

I didn't think I would like this bike in the beginning. Now that I see the final product, I want one!

Very nice job. Excellent attention to detail. Looks like a brand new production bike.

I love this bike.. I wish it was here! I dont got nothing but my buildoff bike 2 ride, Some1 cut the tires on my panther, the rim on my Collegiate is bent, the pedals busted on my jc, flat tire on spitfire, Well ill quit babblin lets just say i got work 2 do. I love ur bikes steve so CLEAN MAN!!

Nice job on this bike. Once again you breath new and different life into a underlooked bike. This would be a great commuter once you get the Freddy's on, especially with all your rain....rain, rain, go away, come back again another day.

picked mine up from the scrapyard...hmmmm...what to do now??!
100_1274.jpg

got this too!!
100_1277.jpg
[/img]

Whoa...nice find Mark!!!

If you do what I did to mine you will love it.

The bike is very quiet, light, quick and nimble...oh and if you use touring bars it's actually comfortable too. :D

Schwinnspastic said:
Beutifull bike Steve your detail is amazing, care to share what products you use

Nothing special really....Simple Green, brass brushes from Home Depot, lots of WD40, and anything with the brand name Mothers on it. :wink:

Oh yeah...and 155lbs of anal retentive neat freak. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah us steve dont got problems, He just likes his stuff 2 look good. :)

Mark my buddy got the EXACT Same one that you got.

Latest posts

Back