1980's Schwinn "Tuxedo Typhoon"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I purchased a set of 65mm rims to try and use on a DYNO GLIDE I had at the time. Turned out they where to big for the rear triangle. So I had this rather expensive set of rims just sitting around taunting me from the corner of my garage. Went to bicycle swap meet one weekend and found a 1980 Schwinn Typhoon frame with a real nice Mag wheel sprocket, frame was slightly bent at the rear. So mind says it's already bent so lets try and bend it more to get those big rims to fit. Bought cheaply and remove fender brace and went to bending with floor jack, once where I wanted it and it looked straight, son welded in new fender brace to strengthen frame back to normal. Used other parts that where sitting on shelves, and a Krylon paint job. Didn't spend to much after the rims. Thanks for taking time to read if you did, here is what I call the TUXEDO TYPHOON

7.jpg
5.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
1.jpg

Lookin good I dig it , guess you've been bussy lately, you have a couple kool bikes in the works....

Update, the TUXEDO TYPHOON has a new owner. One of my long time neighbors who has seen all of the bikes I have built. Stopped me while I was riding around yesterday after mowing. He wanted to ride it returned and made a offer good enough to entice me to sell it. Never got rid of one so fast, but now have more cash to pay to finish FIREBOLT. Want to say thank you to everyone who checked out the post and made all the positive comments.

What tires are those? bike looks awesome.

Update, the TUXEDO TYPHOON has a new owner. One of my long time neighbors who has seen all of the bikes I have built. Stopped me while I was riding around yesterday after mowing. He wanted to ride it returned and made a offer good enough to entice me to sell it. Never got rid of one so fast, but now have more cash to pay to finish FIREBOLT. Want to say thank you to everyone who checked out the post and made all the positive comments.

Nice now you have someone right next door to ride with

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't wait to see your next project !
You've got tasteful style , and thanks for the wheels and tires . The Hookworm tire didn't look right to me so I just threw on some Tioga Power blocks ! I will txt you some pics .

Latest posts

Back