1998 GT Show - Polished PICS Added

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
Picked up this 1998 GT Show today

Re: 1998 GT Show

You're into BMX now... watch as all BMX stuff disappears now. haha :wink:

BTW: Loved your city last week, nonstop work and worship. Wish I'd had time to swing by for a hello, but it was about the youth last week. We WILL ride again, maybe in my city?

No worries yoots, I'm not collecting BMX, just collecting deals. :)
I'm a money grubbing capitalist so I plan to take this one to the bank. This was just an investment that was tooooo good to pass up. Based on the research I have done so far, this should easily bring four figures plus.

heyslugger said:
What are the tires on this one?

They aren't the original ones. I think the seller told me they were ACS or something.

Took a break from FireWing tonight and polished up the GT Show a bit. It was already pretty darn clean. The guy I bought it from was the original owner and he took excellent care of this. I don't think it was ridden very much. The only bad things I can see on the bike it the "Show" decals are partially gone, the bar ends are scratched up, the GT pegs are a bit scratched up but not too bad.
The old owner also found the original seat for me, so I plan to pick it up sometime soon.

Can anyone identify the chainring? He told me it wasn't original.
The tires are ACS True 100 Gubwalls
The wheels on this baby look brand new.
Went ahead and took some photos in preparation to sell it.

Put on your sunglasses! 8)

I found some additional info on this bike.

:arrow: http://www.23mag.com/com/gt/gt.htm
6061-T6 Aluminum is introduced to freestyle by the groundbreaking GT Show flatland frame. With close input from legendary flatlander Ruben Castillo, Robert Kahler and Jeff Soucek designed a frame specifically for the discipline of flatland.
Rueben Castillo, Ride BMX US february 1998: It's basically a thought that came to my head when I started flatland to get a small lightweight bike. Smaller than any other flatland bike, I'm only 5'3" and a half. Most bike geometry's are made for someone around 5'10 or a 6 footer. I helped with Woody Itson and some of the people at GT. We came up with a bike that has an 18" top tube and a 13" rear end. It's something that has never be done before. We all put our heads together and came up with something that we are really happy about.

gt98show.jpg

The sprocket is a Graveyard which also seems to be a bit rare.

Hope to get the seat soon.
I don't collect BMX
I collect BUX :D

LukeTheJoker said:
I get the impression you may have used a little "Texas Detailing Water" there KF! :lol:
Looks great, came out really nice, should sell no problems at all...

Luke.

Bellieve it or not, I did not have to wash this bike at all. It was that clean!!!
All I did was spray it with some aerosol cleaning wax and polish it up. The wax did foam up, so I guess I'll call that $avannah $uds.
I did use some armor all like protectant on the tires.

Kingfisher(that's your new nickname cause you catch all the killer deals@!)
By chance was the owner from the area??? Like was he a local? I was in Charleston when these came out, hot and heavy in the scene and only knew of 1. It was in Chucktown owned by the guy who started the Southern Comfort freestyle team....Trying to remember his name.......trying......Dang!
I am just wondering what happened, if he decided drinking was better than freestyling or what???
Oh and I still want that, couldn't ride it but sure like the bikes GT produced during that time frame.
My old Dyno and Zaskar has that same look.

Fisch said:
Man what a fantastic find! I always wanted to try flatland. Thought it'd be a low impact way to get exercise. Less dangerous than street ramps or pool. Bet that thing feels tiny! Did you try to ride it?

This is just too small for a non-BMXer to try to ride.

mikeeebikey said:
Kingfisher(that's your new nickname cause you catch all the killer deals@!)
By chance was the owner from the area??? Like was he a local? I was in Charleston when these came out, hot and heavy in the scene and only knew of 1. It was in Chucktown owned by the guy who started the Southern Comfort freestyle team....Trying to remember his name.......trying......Dang!
I am just wondering what happened, if he decided drinking was better than freestyling or what???
Oh and I still want that, couldn't ride it but sure like the bikes GT produced during that time frame.
My old Dyno and Zaskar has that same look.

I really don't know if he is from Charleston or not. I do know that this one wasn't ridden very much though.

Picked up the original GT seat from the original owner today.

Cool bike, I didn't notice this before but the rear wheel is radial laced on one side then 3 cross on the drive side... weird. :?

Latest posts

Back