1998 GT Show - Polished PICS Added

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell you guys what I do remember, the GT FS tires at the time were hard compared to other offerings, for "scuffing," they sucked! So that's where the original tires went!
The radial pattern rolls faster/longer, but cannot be used on the drive side as it's to stiff and will break the hub.
The frame was for shorter riders, 6' max.
That thing has such short wheel base and steep head tube it rides backwards as good as forward.
The "freecoaster," rear hub is out of this world as far as action, response and durability.
The cranks are cnc pieces of art.
I learned decades on one, never could pull one before!
I am still "HULK," green with envy I didn't immediately call my Dad and explain it's worth(hours of explaining) then convincing him he'd have to drive Mom's Honda suv thingy from Beaufort to Savannah to pick it up rather than ride his Harley......
I'd probably have more luck with the Fisherman!

:mrgreen: 8)

mikeeebikey said:
Tell you guys what I do remember, the GT FS tires at the time were hard compared to other offerings, for "scuffing," they sucked! So that's where the original tires went!
The radial pattern rolls faster/longer, but cannot be used on the drive side as it's to stiff and will break the hub.
The frame was for shorter riders, 6' max.
That thing has such short wheel base and steep head tube it rides backwards as good as forward.
The "freecoaster," rear hub is out of this world as far as action, response and durability.
The cranks are cnc pieces of art.
I learned decades on one, never could pull one before!
I am still "HULK," green with envy I didn't immediately call my Dad and explain it's worth(hours of explaining) then convincing him he'd have to drive Mom's Honda suv thingy from Beaufort to Savannah to pick it up rather than ride his Harley......
I'd probably have more luck with the Fisherman!

Nice post there Mikee! Lots of us are too old to have paid attention when these came out as our BMX days were the 80s. Do you know much about the Hoffman EP I just bought today? Rides like a dream, but, a-hem, a 'little' heavier than the GT Show! Like 35 pounds! I am lovin it though!
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=74671

Fisch said:
Kingfish, curious if this is a Nankai freecoaster or a Taska? My Hoffman EP came with a freewheel, not a freecoaster :x , but I hear the Nankai is the way to go!

I can't really tell what brand freecoaster it has.

Sorry, but I'm not looking for BMX bikes at this point in time.

You got a super deal!!!!!

Machine Age Victim said:
Nice bike, I don't do bmx at all either but I picked my first one up last month. I added parts that it was missing and I'll be flipping it soon too. Good luck to ya!

what did u get :?:

SOLD to a guy that had one these new back in 98 but had it stolen.

Latest posts

Back