1st go at steampunk

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, after an aborted entry into BBO9 with indecision, I have a collection of nice bits such as bars, stem, 1960s Brooks saddle etc. I've sold off the frame, forks and wheels from Indecision. So what is a man to do, I know, I'll Steampunk the French m*untain bike! So here's the starting point.
7ahamagu.jpg

I've made a start, had a 'mare trying to find some vintage forks with a steerer even close to the right length, so I've got some modern tapered leg boss less forks and shortened the head tube to suit. Cut the seat tube right down and removed all the cable eyes and the front dérailleur. I've got my hands on a lovely little Hawe headlamp from 1940 which should suit the style. Headbadge is done (see it in thread badge thread) lots of ideas whirling around my head now and checking out lots of reference material for further inspiration. Will pop progress pics as and when. This will be a long running project!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple of taster shots, frame mock up with the tapered rigid forks, ballooners, clean up of backets and shortened seat tube.
tunu7eru.jpg

And this is gonna be on it somewhere but you'll have to either guess or wait n see
yvasadab.jpg

Last edited:
Not totally sure on that yet Luke but might just bolt it in straight through the frame or possibly try using a stem wedge and bolt. Gotta think how would Jules Verne have done it

Latest posts

Back