1st Post from The North Bay

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All.

Just dropping a quick hello. My name's Elliott. I live in Santa Rosa and just stumbled across this site. So I am new here, but I'm not new to customizing bikes. When I was a kid I remember taking a wheel from my scooter to put on the front of my Huffy. Had that thing raked! The gallery here is great, although many of the bikes I've seen so far look much better than the state my current project bike is in. Mine is more the definition of a 'ratrod' bike. Rust and all! The one I ride most is my middleweight Murray Sportcrest 24". I also have a 3-speed Royce Union road bike 26", and a 20" Legran banana seat lowrider. Once I figure it out I'll post some pictures.

-Elliott

There's quite a bit in the greater Bay Area, but not a whole lot in our immediate area. Nice to get someone local though, and we have similar bikes! I have a '54 Schwinn I picked up as a project that I'm going to start takedown on soon.

How old are you anyway?

I'm 25. How 'bout you? I've been in SoCal for the better part of the last ten years. Just got back to SR this summer. I lived near Huntington and I miss riding near the beach.

You mentioned our bikes are similar. I looked yours up and it looks good! (is that paint orig?!)You said you kept the 'nana seat. Is that whats on it now?

Also I am trying to figure out what year mine is from. It hasn't got any serial numbers, that I can see. Could you help me figure out some other way of dating it?

yep the nor cal area is quite a group now. welcome from sacto were you out at the sf expo?

ScurryMurray said:
I'm 25. How 'bout you? I've been in SoCal for the better part of the last ten years. Just got back to SR this summer. I lived near Huntington and I miss riding near the beach.

You mentioned our bikes are similar. I looked yours up and it looks good! (is that paint orig?!)You said you kept the 'nana seat. Is that whats on it now?

Also I am trying to figure out what year mine is from. It hasn't got any serial numbers, that I can see. Could you help me figure out some other way of dating it?

I'm turning 25 on Thursday! Thanks for checking out my bike, it's a 1954, and yes that's original paint! The banana seat isn't on it now, the pic with the saddle is how it sits today. Email me or PM me about your bike.

JsshawgoATgmailDOTcom

Latest posts

Back