2.0 for 1.75?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone has tried fitting 26x2.0 tires under the fenders of a middle weight bike designed for 26x1.75 tires?
I have a pair of 26x2.0's off my Townie and wondered if they might work on a Spaceliner and still keep the fenders on it. Before I try to reinvent the wheel so to speak, I thought I'd ask.

Thanks,
Andy

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

6d39a1cb092a4651b880ffbad11c13c5.jpg
26x2 thick slicks on my flightliner fit no problem
907bc9a5d5c244ae34163f38899e3181.jpg
26x2.125 duro bricks just barely fit my other flightliner

Thanks. That's a big help. I tried a set of wheels with 2.125 tires mounted that would not roll with the fenders on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Look at your fender braces, most flare out wide over time. Pinch them in tight in the rim area and youll increase your fender to tire clearance.

Can also get creative on shimming in between the brace and fender, full width shims to fill the gap, just need to be sure the tires clears the brace.
Loosen the fender up at all bolts, most move around quite a bit to allow adjustment

I got some big tires on the Firebolt, but it did take some working over. The screws I used for the fender braces got filed down flat inside. I also had to shorten the chain with a half-link to get the rear wheel centered fore-aft in the fender.

Latest posts

Back