2-Seater

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lady and I have had an eye out for a tandem, for a little while now. Finally found one that is in proper condition and, to be honest, to her liking. After all she does have the final say... :oops: (on this one!) It's a '71 Schwinn Twinn single speed.

After I loaded it into the truck, I found out her motives as she said, "Alright! now I don't have to pedal anymore." :roll:

Schwinn Twinn tandem! by curlywolf, on Flickr

i didnt realize that was what was happening on the back of mine, till I saw the pics from the 4th of july parade.. dang freeloaders... :lol:

On the angel island ride one of the couples there had a late 40's Schwinn tandem. The two cranks were linked together so both cranks turned at the same rate. No freeloaders on that setup. Although it does mean that you have a ghost pedalling with you when alone.

scrumblero said:
i didnt realize that was what was happening on the back of mine, till I saw the pics from the 4th of july parade.. dang freeloaders... :lol:

haha. Women! :roll:

M.Martian said:
...The two cranks were linked together so both cranks turned at the same rate.... you have a ghost pedalling with you when alone.

This bike has a similar set up. I will have to stop pedaling now and then to see if she's putting in some effort :)

Latest posts

Back