20 inch rats (or customs) ~~~ Lets see em!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I will start it out with the first one I built for my grandson:

show005.jpg

Next one was for RRBO7, I really had a lot of fun with this one! Never was much into 20" bikes until I had a grandson. I love my 26 inchers, but there is something about seeing a kid with a bike he thinks is really cool, that his grandpa built, that I hope he will never forget!

rrbo7finished011.jpg

rrbo7finished004.jpg

Re: 20 inch rats ~~~ Lets see em!

Both bikes are excellent, especially the build-off bike! 8)

his first custom 20"er
"The Angry Inch"
IMG_0192.jpg

and the most recent...
Plan9Customs "SpiderBaby"
IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

kinda embarrassed about the last one....i still havent gotten around to painting it yet.it is rideable though and hes been using it most of the summer(so i guess it evens out :roll: )...

sensor: Both are awesome! 8) I like the look of the second one in bare metal. It's always more fun to build one for someone else ain't it?

Maybe more kustom then rat but built with a hodge-podge of different parts...

Mag Scrambler I first built up for the Kids Bike Build-Off.
final2.jpg

Later re-did it for Grand-son.
IMG_1652.JPG

Added banana seat and apes so I could ride it on 20 Inch Night at the Pub Pedal.
P1000263.JPG

Western Flyer built for other Grand-son.
IMG_1759.JPG

Then he wanted to paint it purple
DSCF5004.JPG

Tandem a friend built for his kids who outgrew it. He gave it to my Grand-kids.
DSCF3234.JPG

Swing bike
swing_bike2-2.jpg

Western Flyer 26 inch fork.
1.jpg

I've built three for Boy

He and I worked on this one years ago. (it's my favorite build) It is completley apart right now and nearly ready for the green paint he requested. I should update tht build thread. Early 70's Stingray with schwinn 27" forks. crap handle bars and seat from the following bike.
DSC03214.jpg

I made him his own Airstream bike to ride with Daddy. crap chrome frame. handle bar seat post. assorted stuff laying around
IMG00047-20090711-1809.jpg

Found this Electra Straight 8 for really cheap, and slowly morphed ot to this. big wide handle bars with the seat and sissy bar from the first bike.
2012-08-07_20-09-34_321.jpg

Wow those are sweet bikes, here is my 68 Stingray and some day I would like to have a Murray muscle bike or chopper by either buy one or trade this bike for it.

IMG_20120711_160618.jpg

IMG_20120711_160756.jpg

All of the above are awesome bikes! Looking at all these makes me really want to find an old purple stingray, I think mine was a 63 or 64, 2spd kickback! Loved that bike & put a lot of miles on it!

Thanks for posting the pics guys! Hope there are more to come. 8)

Come on guys! I know there are more, I have seen them. We already have a lot of kool ones posted so far, but I know there are a bunch more 20's out there. Dig out the pics & post them!

i was about to write i have one, but i actually have a few. i tend not to think about the 20"-ers much since they're kinda to small to ride regularly.

this is the one i originally thought of. it has a 24" front though

Picture208.jpg

a compleatly out of the blue deal from where i pretty much just stacked some frames on top of each other and liked what i saw

http://www.forum.freakbikenation.com/ph ... ue+project

then two gravity bikes from the g-bike buildoff. i still have them together but they're like "side" side projects. they're not much fun without a decent hill

g-bike001-9.jpg

poseur002-2.jpg

and last, this big mo. i just changed the seat and bars a few weeks back. haven't even test rode it yet

bikes001-26.jpg

I forgot about this one. I built it for my nephew several years ago. He never mastered riding the long fork and it spent it's life outside. My ex-brother-in-law called me this morning to come get some bikes before he moved and now this on is back in my hands.
197472_1017449570912_9650_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back