20" Shelby Eagle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this one up in Ann Arbor today for 5 bucks. Nobody wanted it in the poormans auction so the guy says give me 5 bucks for it and its yours. I then Loaded it in the van. Everything is there on this one except whatever went on the front fender. Nothing seized up either and no paintover, although Im not sure if the paint is savable. If anybody has any onfo on these let me know. I know boys bikes are hard to find with everything there so I dont know if I should attempt to restore or rat it for the kids.
aa2010shelby.jpg
Sorry I forgot to rotate this one in photshop. :?
aa2010shelby2.jpg

looks sweet! i say you clean it up as much as possible, youd be suprised whats under that rust if you rub enough. :D

That's the first 20" bike of any brand I've seen with a 3 color paint job. No doubt a deluxe bike when it was new. Gary

Oiled up the seatpost last night and to my surprize it turns freely. I tryed to pull it out but it does not want to budge. So I resprayed it with some more penetrating oil and will give another try later. Unfortunatley the rear rim is not original to the bike. It is white with a blue stripe and the front is red (like the bike) with a white stripe. The front seems to be salvagable but the rear has some real deep rust pits. The rear also has "made in germany" engraved on the hub. Im really excited about this bike so I hope I can get it ridable.

You should have went to the poor mans auction. This is one that was in the unsold pile. We missed the first part of the auction and when it was over the man was only asking 5 dollars per bike, prob cause he didnt want to take them back home. I also grabbed this columbia with headlight from him. I was looking for a couple of girlie bikes to cut up and make into boys bikes but these filled the remaining space in my van. :(
columbia.jpg

Nice grab Tommy! The kids will love that 20"r. I saw you guys rolling out the building with them but couldn't get over to check them out. Can't wait to see what you do to them!

We did some garbage scowing later that day. Gorilla took home three girlie stingrayish bikes and a women's three speed Raliegh (?). All from the garbage. Gig's got an old Huffy 3 speed trike that someone left behind. Tony grabbed a pile of unwanted handlebars. I got an old girlie Schwinn for free! Good day, just rainy!

Latest posts

Back