2000s Jamis Boss Cruiser into 26" BMX cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So so, so friken awesome. That looks great and I bet it will be loads of fun. I'm looking forward to some ride reports.
Mine got hung up somewhere between TN and NM, so no Boss arrived today. Your build make me even more jazzed to get at it.

I just remembered I had a Boss question:
What is the Laguna Boss? I see references and listings for bikes that use the phrase Laguna Boss. Anyone know the different builds and options that Jamis has had available through the years? I asked over at BMX museum but got nothing.

You're so Boss
-G

Thanks everyone, it's been a fun build, mostly because it didn't involve a lot of painting.

Yes, it's a super fun ride. Comfortable and makes me feel like a kid again since my first bike was a bmx. I'll need to get me friend to take a picture of me doing a stoppie on it.

A Laguna is another 26 bmx. From what I can tell in my research there was a company named Boss that made cruisers, the Laguna was possibly one of them. As inspiration I browsed all 69 pages of the 26 bmx cruiser thread at bmx museum, there's every cruiser ever made represented in it. Just google 'bmx museum 26,' it's the first result.

I'll check out that thread, I haven't seen it. Sounds inspiring.

Your J Boss should be a great addition.

I'd heard of Boss Bicycles and had a Laguna back BITD but I have also seen listings that included Jamis Boss and Laguna in the title. Must have been an eBay thing to catch more searches. I think they also had BMX in the title.

Cheers
-G

Is there a dedicated Jamis Boss thread? I got mine and it is cool. Seller said it was an '83 but it has different graphics than others I see claiming '83. It also has a fork that is not stamped Akisu.

This thread has arguably the best Boss build ever, it might be a good genesis for a "show me your Jamis Boss" or Jamis Boss info type thread.

What do you think Machine Age Victim?

-G

Latest posts

Back