2010 RAT BIKE RODEO oct 2nd ca PICTURES FROM THE SHOW UP!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i know it is early but lets get this rolling or at least brainstorming. i would personally like to get more members here from the surrounding area so thats why i am posting this now. 1st off lets think of a date do we want to do it again in oct or maybe sooner so it will be warmer? and this year i think we should make it more ligit and make is more of a public event if you guys are down. again this is just brainstorming but i like to get things laid out ahead of time. do we want to do real classes this year, more competitions etc? like i said last year this is YOUR show so lets go!!!

Re: 2010 RAT BIKE RODEO WEST COAST MEMBER GATHERING

i hope we have the same classes as last year. maybe we could add a 20" class :wink: there were quite a few 20's and that would get the little guys/gals to go heads up with the big kids. :mrgreen:
I'll fix the bull-horn for ya!
we should put our heads together for a landing strip (skid contest)
can't wait for the rodeo!!!!!!!

I THINK WE SHOULD DO IT IN THE SUMMER.WE GOT LUCKY WITH THE WARM WEATHER LAST TIME.WE NEED SOME TROPHY'S FOR THE KIDS.THEY ALL COMPETED IN THE EVENTS.MY KID WANTS TO DESIGN A TROPHY.YOUR RANCH IN GALT IS THE PERFECT LOCATION AND THERE IS A ENDLESS SUPPLY OF GOOD LUCK GALT DUST FOR EVERYONE .CANT WAIT FOR THE 2010 RAT BIKE RODEO. :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: 8)

yea, i agree........ there's just something about that good luck Galt dust :wink:

Sounds cool, but is good luck Galt dust code for something nefarious, cause I learned from Nancy Reagan to just say no?

alright now that bike o rama is over lets get the planning started for the rodeo this year. first off lets settle on a date last year we did it last weekend in oct and we got lucky on the weather. i would like to move it up to maybe the end of aug last sun which would be the 29th. or do we want to move it to the 28th which would be sat? i would really like to get more members from further away involved like monster metal and those boys along with the bay area guys. i am going to go more public with it this year and pass flyers around town as well. as far as competitions i think for the most part it went real well last year. but i want to change the barrel race to more of a drag race thing. two guys go heads up style straight down go around a set of barrels then straight back to the finish line. other ideas? anyone feel free to give ideas.

I THINK AUG.WOULD BE BETTER FOR THE WEATHER.WE GOT LUCKY LAST YEAR.MAYBE SATURDAY WOULD BRING MORE PEOPLE TO THE EVENT THAT LIVE OUT OF TOWN.I KNOW YOU WORK ON SATURDAY ADAM.CAN YOU GET THAT DAY OFF?LAST YEAR WAS A BLAST .LETS MAKE 2010 BIGGER . :mrgreen:

agreed lets do it the last sat in aug i think that would be the 28th right? i can make it work as long as i give enough notice. is that cool with everyone last sat in aug?

i'm in too!!

if nobody has beat me to it, i would like to make a trophy for "vulture's pick for best paint"

oh yea, i'll bring my bull horn if you don't have one yet :wink:

theVULTURE said:
i'm in too!!

if nobody has beat me to it, i would like to make a trophy for "vulture's pick for best paint"

oh yea, i'll bring my bull horn if you don't have one yet :wink:
OK YOUR THE BEST PAINT TROPHY MAN.THE MORE TROPHY'S THE BETTER. :mrgreen:

Ahh man your killing me that the weekend of my daughters birthday, Maybe talk to your landlord about a pony ride...lol seriously I will see if we can work it out.......ps I wont bring ketchup this time :roll:

well from a girls point of view i thought about maybe having some of those venders come out that sell the really cool rockabille stuff.and for the kids we could get some cheap paint and brushes and set up a pin striping both.there could even be a childs best pin striping award.im willing to hold that event and hang with the kids .depending on how meny kids there are this year we could also do another game like name that bike part and the kid that gets the most parts right would win a prize.just some thoughts to try and make this event even bigger and better and really make the kids feel involved cuz last year we didnt have anything spacifically for the little kiddos and i know that alot of us have kids.for gold street custom maybe we could hold a mini b-day party.i dont see why we couldnt bring some cake and sing happy birth day.i know that winco sells some big cakes for cheap

we are doing the barrel race although i am officially renaming it the BARREL DRAGS, then there is the skidmark comp, what about the slow drags? i also want to open it up to other clubs wanting to do their own fav bike. thats how autorama handles the suede room each club picks either a class or just a club pick. those interested let me know and i will start a list of awards maybe this year do more show class awards maybe? as for the vendors we can if anyone knows anybody let them know, ohhhhh and what about a swap meet? dang starting to sound like we need to make this a 2 day show lol

i like the way this sounds on a saturday and involving the kids is good thing because they are the future and ya Adam i would like to do a trophy of some kind to represent the CHOPADEROS if thats ok let me know how i can help

sounds good ted i dig the dero pick award you should get fez to stripe it. oh let him know his panel brought i think 90 at the auction. and agreed i think this year in the barrel drags we will do a different kids class

Latest posts

Back