2010 SKULL SKATES CRUISER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Just received my new Skull Skates 26" Cruiser from P.D. up in Vancouver yesterday....WOO HOOOOO!!! :D A big thanks to P.D. at Skull Skates for sending this one along. It made the long journey from Canada down to Texas and finally arrived.

This bike is just flat out awesome. While it may not be your typical Rat Rod Bike, Skull Skates supports the site and I told P.D. that I would review it here so folks could see what a sweet product he is producing. This is a limited production bike and he had 100 of them made this go around. If you would like one for yourself you need to get on it and order one today. You can buy one on his site for $599.99 complete and ready to ride.

http://skullskates.com/catalog/index.ph ... 62c73d128b

For those of you who don't know who P.D. is, he's one of the legends in the skateboarding industry and his company has been around since 1978. Not only does he have the skate shop (P.D.'s Hot Shop) going on, he's got one of the coolest vintage BMX bike collections around. If you want to see some of the bikes in his museum, click on the link below...

http://www.skullskates.com/history/on-l ... le-museum/

Here are the specs on the 2010 model cruiser...

Chromoly, Tig welded frame set replicated from our original hand built design. All original Skull Skates chromoly cruiser bars, Weinmann 7X rims, sealed bearing alloy hubs, stainless spokes, Kenda K-rad tires, cantilever brakes, genuine Brooks leather saddle, one piece chromo cranks, platform pedals, single speed freewheel. Shred ready geometry.

A few pics I took this morning of this mean machine...

DSC_00181-1.jpg

DSC_00191-1.jpg

DSC_00201-1.jpg

DSC_0033-1.jpg

DSC_0035-1.jpg

DSC_00231-1.jpg

DSC_00211-1.jpg

DSC_00221-1.jpg

DSC_0025-1.jpg

DSC_0026-1.jpg

DSC_0027-1.jpg

DSC_0030-1.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032-1.jpg

DSC_0036-1.jpg

DSC_0037-1.jpg

DSC_0038-1.jpg

DSC_0039-1.jpg

DSC_00191-1.jpg

Looking forward to taking it out on a few test runs and eventually I'd like to add some old school parts to really trick it out. :wink:

Re: 2010 SKULL SKATES 26" CRUISER

As I said before. Jealous.

Got a set of Super Maxy's for it?

Rat Rod said:
While it may not be your typical Rat Rod Bike,

I don't know.....I think the 3 unevenly spaced, non flush cut, nylon ty-raps that hold the rear brake cable may qualify it for at least partial rat rod status.

Rooski said:
I don't know.....I think the 3 unevenly spaced, non flush cut, nylon ty-raps that hold the rear brake cable may qualify it for at least partial rat rod status.

The Valve stems are straight. Must mean that Steve is keeping it. :wink: :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wow, that's a good-looking rig!
It's hard to get a sense of its size, though (especially since the whole BMX thing came around after my heyday(!), and I automatically think of them as kid-sized frames) - are those 26" wheels?

Ah, gotcha - thanks. Very cool ride!

*(Edit: IDIOT ALERT! I just realized that both your subject line AND the first line of your first post both say 26"! Criminy - how did I miss that??!! :? )

what's the gearing on there? (am I asking that right?...you know, number of teeth on the chainring and the back sprocket?) :?

Love the bike overall. I hate the three zip ties holding the rear brake cable though. I would flip the rim around and add a fixed gear to the back and ditch the rear brake before I would run it with zip ties. So many good bike manufacturers today are too cheap to add a few cable braze-ons.

What's funny is that it does have a fixed cog on the back right now.

The factory stuck fixed cogs on there by mistake and P.D. threw a freewheel in the box so I could install it on the other side of the flip flop hub.

The fun part is adding stuff to these to make them your own....maybe some 80s DiaCompe brake cable guides. :wink:

I've got a pair of 9/16 bear traps in black and chrome that would look great on it!
I'm building my own klunker right now (Slowly)... I need to order some 1/2" though for my build.

Something that raleigh did with their XXIX SS, was they had the braze ons...but the cables snapped on with a plastic band. Ill snap a picture when i get a chance

Yeah that is a down fall on this bike...You would think for $600 that they would have dressed those cables a little better.

Latest posts

Back