2010 SKULL SKATES CRUISER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking about Klunker-izing my Skull Skates cruiser - any ideas on a decent way to install a derailleur? I've also posted the question in the How To forum, but wanted to also post here as this will be the bike I'll be wokring with. Thanks!

Re: 2010 SKULL SKATES 26" CRUISER

nice looking bike ratrod 8)
HotRodRob said:
Slick!You're gonna have to get a bigger garage soon eh? I bought my first skateboard from Skull Skates back in the 80's. Good times.
me too..bill danforth deck
what was yours?

skillsthebarber said:
what kind of bike stand is that? I need one bad

Not totally sure, bought it from a guy on the BMX Museum who had a bunch at one time.

Now that I think about it...it may have been Porkchop BMX...ha ha! :lol:

hello fellas, am hoping this is the right thread for all thinks Skull Skates cruiser. I have been following this one for a while now and am nearly finished building my dream bike. The frame and forks arrived from PD's about 6 months ago but it has taken this long to get together the parts together. Its the first time I have built a bike from scratch and the retro bmx sizing of the BB, headset, seat-post etc, led to ordering a few wrong parts along the way. Anyway I am nearly there, just waiting for brakes, a free wheel and a chain and I will finally get to ride this beauty. The real issue with this build is how old skool did I want it to be? And I have struggled with this as I tried to decide on what parts to order. My first purchase was a set of Takagi Tourney Cranks in black and silver and that set the agenda colour wise from there. Every part I ordered from then on was either black or metallic. More pictures to come in the next few days.

finished up my skull skates cruiser today. rode it stock last year and decided to change up the look.

the fat franks make a huge difference
ss3.sized.jpg

early 90's GT headset
ss2_001.sized.jpg

with old school Elf Racing bars
ss5.sized.jpg

ss6.sized.jpg

loving the way is rides now

ss4.sized.jpg

thanks. th fat franks roll great on the street and the extra size makes it much more comfortable the stock kenda's were a little harsh for street cruising and because they are skinny they don't handle as well as the fat franks.

any skull skates owners swap out their brakes? the stock cantilever brake is just okay

HEADS UP!
Just ordered this;
norco_frame1.jpg

Norco Skull Cruiser chromoly frameset.PD's has them on sale,$149. from $349.Could not pass on this.

Latest posts

Back