2012 MONGOOSE KOS KRUISER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Found these shots out there. Sounds like it will be a very limited production bike offered here in the U.S. and abroad....maybe only 500 bikes total. I read where the retail price would be $700. There is a prototype on Ebay right now being sold off in a charity sale. Sounds like it may end up being cheaper and easier to buy an original. :?

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200 ... icep_ff3=2

dsc05574_resize.jpg

dsc05577_resize.jpg

dsc05576_resize.jpg

dsc05575_resize.jpg

dsc05567_resize.jpg

dsc05568_resize.jpg

dsc05569_resize.jpg

dsc05570_resize.jpg

dsc05571_resize.jpg

dsc05572_resize.jpg

dsc05573_resize.jpg

dsc05565_resize.jpg

dsc05564_resize.jpg

dsc05582_resize.jpg

dsc05583_resize.jpg

dsc05584_resize.jpg

dsc05578_resize.jpg

I am not sure this is a good repop. I am not a bmx nut, but it might not evoke the same appeal as Krates, Phantoms, Roadmasters, etc.... They will all sell though.

They actually have info on the Mongoose webpage and it sounds more like only 40 will be available and you have to pre-order. They are taking pre-orders. The spec sheet looked good, probably better than the original only wonder about the chrome. Components and quality of steel frames have gotten better since the original.

Found it 20 chrome and 20 raw

http://www.mongoose.com/usa/usaeng/...bmxsociety&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=KOS

The question I have is...why on earth would a large company like this even mess around with making such a limited run bike?

I have my doubts that all they will ever offer to the U.S. market is 40 bikes...seems ridiculous. :roll:

Testing the waters maybe. Too bad they didn't spec some disc brakes, I'd never go back to rim brakes on a new bike.

I would think that it would be made in China.

This is Dorel Industries so I don't think they make anything here in the U.S.

Check the wheels closely, can't say made in USA so have "Designed in USA" on them. LOL :wink:

These are also now listed on the Mongoose site so I have a strong feeling that we'll be seeing them show up at LBSs soon.

Hopefully for the sake of everyone who pre-ordered one, they won't be half the price. :(

Rat Rod said:
These are also now listed on the Mongoose site so I have a strong feeling that we'll be seeing them show up at LBSs soon.

Hopefully for the sake of everyone who pre-ordered one, they won't be half the price. :(

So much for having number 38 of 40 available. Guess I won't be leaving it in the original box for 20 years and retiring off the money I wouldv'e made on ebay. It is just a bike afterall.

[/quote]
So much for having number 38 of 40 available. Guess I won't be leaving it in the original box for 20 years and retiring off the money I wouldv'e made on ebay. It is just a bike afterall.[/quote]

My Kos did arrive the other day. I have been too busy to assemble it, yet. I see others are getting theirs, too, and it didn't take long for one to show up on ebay. Here is the listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/KOS-KRUISER-1-2 ... 20bd03fde8

Latest posts

Back