2012 Surly Moonlander

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow! I leave for a few months because of school and life, and this place changed not only in looks (love it), but it seems to have gained some weight as well ( ;) ).

For the record, I love my Moonie and have been riding it all year. I expiriminted the first winter I owned it and had a blast. So imagine my fun level at the winter we had this year (southern IL). Anywhere I had to go, I rode. I only drove a few times out of necessity. Eventually my goal is to ride every day for a year, but as of right now (unemployed and in school), I don't have a reason to leave the house everyday. Especially when you are banging your head on the desk trying to write code. :(

"Enough with the melodrama. Make with the visuals!"
Alright, alright. Calm yourselves. I have a lot of pictures of my bike and I. I'll post a couple, so as to not flood the site. Otherwise, here is my photobucket album: http://s28.photobucket.com/user/s_c47/library/Bike Stuff/2012 Surly Moonlander

I'll try to make sure all my fat pictures end up in it.

Geek Speak!
My Surly is pretty much stock, except for a few items. Blue cable housing, blue Lizard Skins Peaty Lock-On grips, blue Growler Cage ( ;) ), blue rim strips, Ahrens WiseCracker Bottle Opener, PDW rear Mud Shovel, blue disc brake rotor bolts. I also just purchased a front and rear rack set from a fellow Facebook group member (crossing my fingers I don't get ripped off), in anticipation of an epic ride I am planning. (I have two cat litter pails ready to be painted, as soon as it warms up a little bit. DIY panniers!)

That should be enough for now. You're probably bored already. In that case, here are a few of my favorite photos...

Photobucket is being super slow right now. I'll put some pics up tomorrow, if they are done uploading... o_O

With photo (frustration) bucket, I keep uploads to 3-4 pictures max, at off hours. You try to upload 1 picture at 5:00pm it will take minutes! All their pop--up adds tickle my happiness also!
Cool fatty, someday I might get a big tire bike to.

Latest posts

Back