2014 RatRod Bike Calendar?...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately I'm thinking there won't be one this time. :(

The main reason is that the last few times I've done them, I've barely sold enough to cover the cost of the 12 that I give away to the folks who are kind enough to allow their photos to be used.

I've done them through CafePress in the past to make it easy. The calendars they produce are top quality as well as their packaging and shipping. The downside to using them is that they give you a very small cut of the actual price. So if a calendar sells for $25 shipped you would make $3.00 off of one. That means you'd have to sell 100 calendars just to cover the cost of the 12 freebies you give away. I think I might of actually lost money on making them last year.

There's also the logistics...contacting everybody and getting them to send you a high enough resolution photo to use in a quick time frame.

So to sum it all up....it's a big pain in the rear. :21:

I'd let you use any of my photos for free, I bet others would as well, and out of all of us offering our photos you could probably find 12 good ones... of course, time is running short.

The calendar for a photo was a good perk last year. I also bought 3 on my own. I would gladly allow use of a photo for just a credit line. I looked at the CafePress site, looks like you can buy a RRB 2014 calendar with 2012 photos. I'm surprised that more members didn't purchase the 2013 version.

The calendar for a photo was a good perk last year. I also bought 3 on my own. I would gladly allow use of a photo for just a credit line. I looked at the CafePress site, looks like you can buy a RRB 2014 calendar with 2012 photos. I'm surprised that more members didn't purchase the 2013 version.

That's pretty funny about them recycling last year's calendar with 2014 dates. :happy:

I guess if enough folks could post pics that they'd like to see in the calendar in trade for a photo credit I might be willing to throw one together quickly.

Setting it up isn't that hard once you have the hi-res photos....it's mainly getting the hi-res photos that's the challenge.

I guess if enough folks could post pics that they'd like to see in the calendar in trade for a photo credit I might be willing to throw one together quickly.

Setting it up isn't that hard once you have the hi-res photos....it's mainly getting the hi-res photos that's the challenge.
Maybe you can define what Hi-Res means to you!
Here's mine...
24-1385859000-172d60c729650e0616695a4c7d99940d.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in, if you want one of Firewing. But I am not sure that I have access to a hi-res of it now.
What size do you need?

y3ynumu9.jpg

u7uhabaj.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in, if you want one of Firewing. But I am not sure that I have access to a hi-res of it now.
What size do you need?

Image would need to be at least an 8.5 x 11 size at 150dpi. File would need to be at least a couple of MB in size.

I need folks to email me the hi-res version to [email protected].

Thanks!

Dropbox is a free online file sharing site that can handle large files. You can upgrade for as much space as you want for a fee.
Sorry, not very tech savvy, what is a dropbox?

Luke.

Last edited:
I am trying to decide between these two pics. Rusty wall or brick wall.

IMG_2581_zpsd1c3e594.jpg

IMG_2626_zps8f960133.jpg

Latest posts

Back