2017 Schwinn Phantom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't look much like a "Phantom"?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's not the first time Schwinn has desecrated the 'Phantom' name.
1c8935e65010093a2ba8bea80c1b97b3.jpg

Don't get me started on the whole Sting-RAY thing.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: this new atrocity:
faunzXo.gif

Re: the ´79-´82 Phantom Scramblers?? Those were really rad bikes. It´s just a shame that the name wasn´t exactly appropriate. But i don´t know if it qualifies as a ¨desecration.¨

I think its got some nice lines for a 27.5" bmx cruiser, and should have plenty of tire clearance. You could probably make a pretty convincing Torker tribute bike out of one (or Redline RL20 II, or General Osborn, or etc...).

Jason

a964b91cfc2bfa2035ca510ef24ad3c8.jpg
c8cb4dab5031056724a514ea67a808a8.jpg
44284809f410ccf9787227b98f05adb9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Noticed RatRod had posted about this bike on Facebook a few days ago. I looked at the Amazon offering and they had a good price on an open box “like new” one. Sucker for a “hopefully good” bargain... remains to be seen. Can’t seem to bring myself to pop on a real Phantom. Worse case scenario the parts are worth the price.

Good, then we'll get a review of the bike?
Expecting delivery next week...will list my impressions and complaints down the road. Amazon says they have 4 left.

I'm guessing 32 lbs.

Shipping weight listed as 52.9#...if it’s 32# a lot of packing coming with it. Advertised as aluminum frame with steel fork. Haven’t been able to find an actual spec listing for it. Doesn’t show up on Schwinn site or Pacific site as an actual bike, maybe an Amazon only product.

Last edited:
I looked around also, couldn't find anything. All I remember is an article on the new Phantom a year or two ago, can't find it either. Maybe the larger size frame at 27.5 adds weight, or the tires are heavy. My old 42 Hawthorne is only 46 lbs.

I finally found some info on the phantom. It shows up as available in two sizes in the Pacific Cycle International Product Selections 2018 catalog. Mine arrived today, photos to follow. Not sure what size I’m ending up with, either medium or large according to the catalog.

https://issuu.com/schwinnbikes/docs/pc18_bikes_international_asst/9

I like the tires

Latest posts

Back