2017 Schwinn Phantom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wheelbase is 42”, top tube distance almost 22”.
a31ba4640e943bdfb87c385bc2c51ce6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet. That's about what all of my bikes are. What's the down tube length?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sweet. That's about what all of my bikes are. What's the down tube length?

Down tube 24”. Aluminum frame, steel fork and aluminum alloy bars.

24"? Ouch. That's a might tall for me! LOL
Thanks for checking!
Think you are misunderstanding measurement. Down tube from head tube to bottom bracket is 24”, seatpost tube is 18”, standover is about 31” to 32” depending on where you measure. I wear 30” inseam pants. The top bar is fine for me at my 5’-10 1/2” height.

Think you are misunderstanding measurement. Down tube from head tube to bottom bracket is 24”, seatpost tube is 18”, standover is about 31” to 32” depending on where you measure. I wear 30” inseam pants. The top bar is fine for me at my 5’-10 1/2” height.

Oh duh. Yes, I meant seat tube. I wear 30" inseam pants too, but they drag the floor when I take my shoes off. LOL
Thanks for the measurement info.

Finally got around to weighing the bike, it comes in at a stock out of the box 29.4#s. Not bad!

If someone wants to try to run down the tires they are marked Chao Yang 27.5x2.50. I have bought replacement tires direct from Pacific Cycles perviously, not sure if that’s still possible. Support: 800-626-2811
f4ea9f854b24efbd940015a94c4afacb.jpg
3188848ae5db0bc0afbbcfa3588f32a8.jpg

I sent an email to the company in China.

If I get one, I'd like a front handbrake, but it looks like the rim edge is curved, not made for a brake pad.

Last edited:
I sent an email to the company in China.

If I get one, I'd like a front handbrake, but it looks like the rim edge is curved, not made for a brake pad.

Don’t think a rim brake would work, as the rims are curved. You’d have to come up with a disk brake mod. Or you might be able to make vintage spoon brake. There is a brake mounting hole at top of fork yoke.
I’d call the service number I listed for pacific, except you might be closer to China.

Someone said not to let this bike sit out in rain. It has alloy rims, SS spokes alloy front hub, Nexus rear hub, aluminum frame and seat post, aluminum stem, aluminum bars, alloy cranks and chain ring, steel fork and chainguard, alloy pedals, steel hardware items. It should resist moderate moisture as well as about any bike.
About to put a Brooks B135 seat on it. Just about doubles the value. Can’t take it with you.

Along with the Brooks, I still think BMX bars would sit well on that bike.
Maybe some low rise...never used them on a bike. We’ll see. Thinking of changing stem to allow for 31.8mm clamp, then beefier bars.

Added the Brooks saddle, adjusted height and leveled it out. I went for a few test spins and made adjustment fine tuning changes. Now I think I’d like a layback post or I need to flip the bracket. A few new lake shots.
3fedb70ef76e97e06ab876999ea82240.jpg
ec9090c0ec5eaee662b8309ff1bd8316.jpg
13e34f0abc8d978ed51fae3e31c240b3.jpg

Go buy one, have fun playing with it! Sadly amazon has raised the price.
I flipped the seat post bracket seems good now!
d0458ee7bf1e50844ce497d3aac0035d.jpg

Last edited:
Lay back seatpost and new stem.
28ffeeceb3e73e746da940f80f5addae.jpg
9410ed698a8ce72ac42f312a2cf8428f.jpg
81a48024a6a24f602a5ca19c3a0c031b.jpg

Nice rider.

If I had room for another bike, I would order that bike for $176. You can't get a cruiser like that that is American made or high quality for anywhere near that price. Especially with the Shimano 3 speed with coaster hub.
I rode a Diamondback Edge in ND regularly, same kind of quality, Pacific made, but it held up well for all the riding I did with it. Still won't give up my American made Hawthorne though.

Latest posts

Back