24" bmxs

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a DK General Lee 24" bmx, but I don't know anyone who has had any experiences with them. Have any of you tried these bikes out?

I'm open to any suggestions of other 24" bmxs that might be good. I'll be mostly doing dirt jump, street, and a bit of skate park riding

Thanks

You cant go wrong with THE 24" GENERAL LEE.For $260 you get a full cro-mo frame and it has decent parts.

I am thinking of buying one, also. I have 2 full cro-mo general lee 20" frames, one black and one ernge.

They need abig brother.
Volume also makes a 24"complete, but its a $100 more. There is also SE that makes a floval flyer, but there a bit over hyped imo, more for the old collecter dudes who look at them and maybe take a ride in the park(not to mention the really high price).

DO-NOT GET THE 20" GENERAL LEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its a hi-ten steel frame and its got crappy parts.

And its heavy as a mofo.

YEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAA
72g2tg.jpg
[/img]

Yeah I thought the 20" would be too heavy. I find that most new 20" freestyle bmxs are a bit too heavy these days.

One of my friends bought a bmx about a year ago and even though he'd taken off the front brakes and pegs, etc, it was still about as heavy as my 26" full suspension mtb!

How do 24" bmxs compare to 20"ers in terms of handling, jumpability, weight and manuverability (180s, 360s, etc)?

I rode to one of my LBSs today because I thought they had a couple of 24"ers but they didn't. However I did find out the prices of the General Lees. The 24" is $650 and the 20" is $550. This was a little more than I expected but my friend (who works in a bike shop) found out today how much it would cost to get one through him, so I'll find that out soon.

Nice bmx Jimbo! I like those handlebars, what brand are they? And what year is the frame?

hey man...i have a really nice 24" aluminium diamond back that i have to sell...ill do u a super price on it...

let me know asap as im gonna put it on trade me soon...

as far as 24" bmxs go in general...they are really fast...quite different to a 20" bmx....i love mine but i dont have any storage for it any more and if i go riding im more about my customs at the mo....

u would love my 24" bmx for sure

Brett

64lowrider said:
Nice bmx Jimbo! I like those handlebars, what brand are they? And what year is the frame?
The bars are "ANIMAL" BOB SCERBO BARS.
I think its a law or something that you have to run ANIMAL parts to ride street in NYC, lol.

I know in england that the company is called "A.BIKE CO." BECAUSE theres some mtb co. called ANIMAL over there.

The frame is a 1999 full cro-mo G.L. The newer frames only have cromo dt,tt, and head tube.

I dont even ride this bike since it weighs like 33lbs.(my street bike is 26lbs, so is my flatland bike)

BTW, you arent going to find ANY pre-assembled bmx bike that weighs below 29#, (if you do, bring it back to wal-mart)
To be a weight weenie is not cheap!!!!!

JIMBO420 said:
BTW, you arent going to find ANY pre-assembled bmx bike that weighs below 29#, (if you do, bring it back to wal-mart)

My Eastern Element clocked in at right around 27lbs w/o pegs it cost about $400 brand new, which is about the cheapest you're going to find a full cromo F/F bike these days. It's probably a little lighter than that now, but I spent more on upgrades than the bike originally cost to get it there AND add the stuff I wanted (front brakes, four pegs, I kept 48s instead of switching to 36s because I'm a big boy).

gedwardjones said:
JIMBO420 said:

My Eastern Element clocked in at right around 27lbs w/o pegs it cost about $400 brand new, which is about the cheapest you're going to find a full cromo F/F bike these days. It's probably a little lighter than that now, but I spent more on upgrades than the bike originally cost to get it there AND add the stuff I wanted (front brakes, four pegs, I kept 48s instead of switching to 36s because I'm a big boy).
yeah, but its an EASTERN j/k

Ha!

So far it's done fine by me. I'd change some things, but the bang for buck was pretty high. That being said, I'm semi looking for a cruiser or a jump oriented MTB as a general runabout/street bike. The new WTP cruisers look niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Today I went to one of my local bike shops and had a ride of and ABD 24 (24"). It was real nice, but then when I rode the ABD 720 (20") I decided I'd be better off having a 20"er. So right now I'm probably going to go for the 2007 ABD 720, I can get that for $360. I just sold my mtb and my bmx, so I'll almost have enough money to get it once the guy comes to get the mtb

Latest posts

Back