24" bmxs

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not a bad bike. $ for $ the cruiser's probably the better buy but for that price I can't fault the 720 (especially given that that's $AU).

This is the thing I'll say to anyone who googles it (we don't have ABD bikes in the states) and sees that it's not a full cro-mo frame, the components look to be of fairly high quality. For the price you're buying the components and getting the frame for free. When you outgrow it/break it you can upgrade to a full cro-mo frame and re-use the components.

gedwardjones said:
(especially given that that's $AU).

Nope, its $NZ, lol. $360NZ is $285US. And the NZ dollar is really strong at the moment, usually it would be about $230US.

The reason the bike is so cheap is because its an 07 and they're going to be getting the 08s soon. The fact that it isn't a cro-mo frame doesn't really worry me because I'm not going to be riding it too hard

Thanks for the help from everyone :D

I got it! '07 ABD 720

CIMG1194.jpg

CIMG1195.jpg

CIMG1196.jpg

That's pretty dang clean. Congrats

You keeping the front brake?

I want to take off the front brake, but my dad isn't letting me do anything to it, so it'l have to stay stock for a while.

But I did take it the skate park for the first time on Friday and it was great! Its really heavy but you can still throw it around heaps, maybe even more than my friend's Wethepeople Pheonix Pro.

It just sorta has a nice feel to it, and its really really robust

Yo 64, If I was you I would leave the front brake on, Gotta love front break tricks.

oh yeah, get a gyro also. All true bmxers know how to do tailwhips 8)

my general
27 pounds of bright orange fury haha
Photos092.jpg

and an artsy shot featuring my dreamcast
Photos024.jpg

primo v-monster tires
cut down seat post
bars cut about 1.5 inches
14mm axles w/ sun rims

we got trails and a park in town come ride bmx!

Yeah, gotta love footjams! I can almost do a footjam tailwhip, I can get the bike around but I'm just working on getting back on the pedals. I should get some pics of my local skate park for you guys, its more of a skaters park but its ok for bikes, and there are some real good riders who go there sometimes

Nice General Lee, how big is that front sprocket?

Did someone say "FOOTJAM TAILWHIPS?"
8fakmeh.jpg
[/img]

I showed my wife that pic of you on The Come Up and her first question was, "is he wearing skull shoes?" (The Mrs. has a thing for skulls)

I'm with the "keep the front brake" brigade obviously:
element_update.jpg

My Eastern Element supposedly clocked in at 27lbs stock, since then I've thrown on Odyssey Duralectra Hazards, (UNcut) Lumberjack bars, Evo II front brake (on an Eastern ultralight fork) and M2/Monolevers. I also replaced the stock pedals with Animal Hamiltons, the seat with a slimmer one, the post with a Thomson and the pegs with Demolition Dumbchucks which weigh in at less for four than the originals did for two. I honestly couldn't tell you what it weighs now, but probably about the same despite the added hardware. I don't get too caught up on weight, but my previous bike clocked in at 36lbs and at that level it's pretty hard to argue going a little lighter.

Your wife has good eye sight, lol. They are limited edition VANS (WARPED TOUR EDITION). I dont think that you can get them anymore,I had to go all the way to Grenwich village to find these, and I only stumbled upon them.

My wife has a similar set of Hurley slip ons and I have some skulled Converse slips as well.

I don't post on The Come Up, I refuse, at the time I was doing my own thing (bmx.mysticnegro.com) and running atlbmx.com (which I've since quit) I figured that was enough BMX interwebs action for one man ;) So I just read the blog. That pic of you got shouted out on the front page 'cos you're running The Come Up sticker, which lead to me going "I think he's wearing skull shoes," which lead to her going, "you need skull shoes" which lead to me finding my Converse.

I guess, really, you cost me $30 ;)

I agree with the skull shoe's, I have a pair of black vans slip on's with BIG skulls. I agree with the gyro and I have done the foot jam tail whips which for some reason scare people...like wives and girl friends. But for the life of me I really don't get the riding brake-less unless you have to, like snapping cheap cables. Is it completely brake-less or more of a fixie BMX? Just wondering. Anyway, here was my Haro backtrail X24, I sold it when I bought my OM flyer.

bikes012.jpg

Latest posts

Back