24" Slick tires available on the market

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I am building a 24" bike for my brother-in-law. Does anyone make a 24" whitewall slick? Are all 24" slicks on the market x 2.125? Are there any 24" x 1-3/4" to fit a Schwinn S-7?

Thanks!

and just a heads up any tire can be a whitewall if you have some vulcanizing solution and some white rubber roofing sealant these are both 24". I forget who made these tires but neither one of them are still around
16681914_1435682866496929_7091925020965012750_n.jpg

this one is roofing sealant
10422177_930945593637328_2242459646377632250_n.jpg

Fatti-O's I think

and just a heads up any tire can be a whitewall if you have some vulcanizing solution and some white rubber roofing sealant these are both 24". I forget who made these tires but neither one of them are still around
View attachment 139759
this one is roofing sealant
View attachment 139760
Fatti-O's I think
How is vulcanizing solution used in your process? I'm attempting to print white lettering. Flex Seal seems overpriced.

I used it because i didnt think the tire was really clean no matter what i did. There are two different "white roofing sealants at home depot in a can that are natural rubber. I thinned it out. It has been at least five years since I did a widewall. I bet there is something else you can use to prep that rubber similiar to pvc prep without the dye

Plasti-dip is rubber too and you can spray that as well. You could make your tire whatever color you wanted
How is vulcanizing solution used in your process? I'm attempting to print white lettering. Flex Seal seems overpriced.
just like a flat repair, you are doing the same thing. You could cut white raised letters and glue them to the tire just like if you were stitching one to a rim

Been searching for alphanumeric cookie type cutters, no dice! Then got the idea of using rubber stamps and paint sealers. Would rather apply raised letters.

Thanks,

Been searching for alphanumeric cookie type cutters, no dice! Then got the idea of using rubber stamps and paint sealers. Would rather apply raised letters.

Thanks,
I just got bummed about no shows this year again. Seems like i only build a bike if there is going to be a show. I have all the parts to update the wheels on Skully, a Harley, two scooters. a jet ski, a VW bus and Whizzer here I don't even feel like washing. I did start a few stone spiders today at least

What exactly is vulcanising solution? But then someone mentioned Flexseal? I would love to make white walls.

Jerald Sulky makes a 24 x 2.125 square slick. But it's blackwall only. They used to make white walls in 26", but stopped years ago.

If you want to buy a Jerald, go find their FB page which has a number of tackle shops listed. Find one with a website that carries the tire and order through them. You can't order directly from Jerald any longer.

Jerald Sulky makes a 24 x 2.125 square slick. But it's blackwall only. They used to make white walls in 26", but stopped years ago.

If you want to buy a Jerald, go find their FB page which has a number of tackle shops listed. Find one with a website that carries the tire and order through them. You can't order directly from Jerald any longer.

Why would a "Tackle shop " ,carry tires ? Lol

Latest posts

Back