26” Cantilever Style Frame Comparision Thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like those Dyno frames ,they have a longer wheelbase,welded kickstand mount and will fit the 24x3" tires easily.
26" go on well also. The black and white one has 26 x 3 Kenda Flames. The yellow and black Taxi later got a set of 26 x 3 Beach Bums, the 2.125 whitewalls were like how it came in 97. The Dynos are the only 26" frames I've had that takes a 26 x 3 tire with no mods.
51108_ef96b3e41d08e3de578176b71b3d0b2a.jpg

I like the look of the chain stays on the non canti CWC with the curve. I wonder how much extra bb drop that translates to vs the canti, and how much the feel of the bike changes because of it.
How about this: An AMF canti front with a CWC curved stay rear on one frame? That would be something I'd like to try. If I had the skills I would do a computer graphic. One thing I didn't like about the AMFs was the straight chain stays.

26" go on well also. The black and white one has 26 x 3 Kenda Flames. The yellow and black Taxi later got a set of 26 x 3 Beach Bums, the 2.125 whitewalls were like how it came in 97. The Dynos are the only 26" frames I've had that takes a 26 x 3 tire with no mods.
View attachment 131411
Yup, I ran some 26x3" Flames on this KK/Dyno a few years back,also a cantilever with faux tank.
IMG_0654.JPG

I like your seat/sissy bar set. Where did you find them? Do you remember the height of the sissy bar?
I got them on eBay. The tall bar is 36” and shorter one is 24”. The seat is 21.5” long.

It is really surprising how much variation there is among what at first glance appear to be more or less identical frames!
Add to that the fork variations (height, bend, etc.) and I am really starting to see why some kids bikes were "cooler" than others out of the box! Thanks for this!

Great bike, but I really wanted to say how much i like your avatar!
Thanks, I think I got the image years ago from a plastic model kit for a bicycle......kinda reminded me of when I was a kid and we made our own chopper forks and sissy bars because we did not have the money to buy them.Lol!

^did I mention that those babies were hand welded in the USA? Bassett made them in between making headers for race boats.
Yep, I recognized the logo straight away. I grew up skiing behind jet boats on the lakes and rivers in Ca and Az in the mid 70's through mid 80's. Spent many hours polishing as a young teen.
bassette logo.JPG

I'd give about anything for a chrome one like this.
6d630b01-a5f8-4c9f-bf2c-ff24487c10a45dafb9af73ac9_blowup.jpg

Latest posts

Back