• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

26” cruiser frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bub

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I currently have a klunker with a 2013 Schwinn Heavy Duti frame that I’d like to swap out for a different frame. Looking for larger older 26” frame. The more budget friendly the better And local pick up in jersey would be ideal. Thanks.

Curious. It says you're looking for a larger frame. What do you mean by that? Most cruisers are 18 inches. But 20inch frames were made, very very sparingly...

Curious. It says you're looking for a larger frame. What do you mean by that? Most cruisers are 18 inches. But 20inch frames were made, very very sparingly...

Larger may have been the wrong term. I just feel really cramped on this frame as it must be the geometry of the style of frame. I have two other cruisers, Dyno Deuce and a ‘57 Colombia Newsboy and I fit a lot fetter in that style.

Larger may have been the wrong term. I just feel really cramped on this frame as it must be the geometry of the style of frame. I have two other cruisers, Dyno Deuce and a ‘57 Colombia Newsboy and I fit a lot fetter in that style.
Ah, I get ya. Maybe try a layback seat post? There’s some nice solid ones on the market

The Dyno and the Columbia are probably longer from the seat tube to the headtube. An inch or two is probably all but it does make a difference. I agree with @Dizzle Problems on trying a good layback seat post. It might be all you need!

I have an HD here at work with me, looks to be a 22.5" top tube...so, I can't imagine that is the issue. I'm 6'2"-ish and it feels fine...my son-in-law used it on a long mountain bike ride and he is 6'5" and had no complaints (well, except brakes and gearing...but not fit :bigsmile:). I do run ~9.5" bmx bars on it with a flipped 48mm front load stem...which makes the cockpit much roomier, and more adjustable (an addition, or alternate, to Dizzle's layback seatpost suggestion).

Jason

Latest posts

Back