26" MURRAY KUSTOM FULL SUSPENSION STRETCH ! !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been thinking about building up a "DYNO" type stretch for some time now, but since money is kinda hard to come by these days , I decided to make the "Ghetto-Tech Special" and save some loot ! Tell me if this is "RAT" enough for you !

26" MURRAY KUSTOM FULL SUSPENSION STRETCH by FLAT BLACK KUSTOMS.

It's looking kind of awkward right here.....
168bzgg.jpg

Trying to figure out what I need to do.....
350rnk1.jpg

I will cut off a couple of inches off of the bar I welded to the frame!
28qsyv.jpg

This looks a lot better together and with different forks!
iqiw40.jpg

FLAT BLACK KUSTOMS....GHETTO-TECH AT IT'S FINEST !
2ib27n9.jpg

RAT BIKE !
2pt2u0w.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/flatblackkustoms

yea dude!!! thats pretty ratty right there but i kinda like it!!! makes me wanna dig out the junk full suspension MTB i got in the attic...

Easy E

Hey man,

Nice stretch! The rainbow effect on the Murray is pretty cool. :lol: I guess I have some competition.... I'm building my own Murray stretch Dyno copy. 8)

hey!! i like it!there's a lot of stretching goin on here, makes me feel good! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Unchained said:
Hey man,

Nice stretch! The rainbow effect on the Murray is pretty cool. :lol: I guess I have some competition.... I'm building my own Murray stretch Dyno copy. 8)

EASY BUDDY !! Are you bitin' my style ? LOL !
You too can have a kustom rainbow effect....All you need is a little sun, oxidation, and rain and you could have one looking like mine in like a year ! LOL!

GERRY D. FBK.

FLAT BLACK KUSTOMS said:
Unchained said:
Hey man,

You too can have a kustom rainbow effect....All you need is a little sun, oxidation, and rain and you could have one looking like mine in like a year ! LOL!

GERRY D. FBK.

Haha, just picking you apart a bit. :mrgreen: I love the way this one is coming along. I've been working on my own all this morning and will have updates posted soon.

im glad you put a banana seat on it!! i'd be scared to ride it with a single rider seat.... might catch your junk in the springer. :shock:

Unchained said:
FLAT BLACK KUSTOMS said:
Unchained said:
Hey man,

GERRY D. FBK.

Haha, just picking you apart a bit. :mrgreen: I love the way this one is coming along. I've been working on my own all this morning and will have updates posted soon.
Oh, ALL MORNING, KILLER! REALLY PUT A LOT O' THOUGHT INTO THIS ONE ! LOL !
I might be putting 22" APES on it ...I just threw it together with no money! My goal is to put 24" wheels w/ 24"x3 tires on it...maybe even 24x3 knobby's! These would make it bad as f*ck ! GERRY D. FBK.

vr3l01.png

No, no "copyright infringing" goin on. i actually want people to use that word and put it into action more often, as in build more stretched bikes. :mrgreen:

those bike are sweet ive been building these bikes for years, im in sacramento and i take one to our turkey ride every thanksgiving morning you can see more on my myspace (ted florez) ive gotten trophys at bikeorama (autorama) at cal expo

I've got a triax junk frame I was going to use the rear suspension from. Did you just bolt the crank spindle to the dropouts as is with the existing screws?

Think I could Bolt-on do someting like that

Hmmm. I have an old cruiser frame in my garage. I see old swing arms for sale a lot. I have no welder or welding skills.. Think I could do something like that as a BOLT-ON?

we tryed that once but the frame started to bend so we just welded them all, something that small shouldnt be that expensive, but it could work if you think about long enough but welding is the best

strechies aernt usually my style or what i even look at but for some reason i like yours its lookin pretty darn cool i think it would look even better with a nice paint job and some pin striping maybe some red stripe tires nice build i keep looking at it my youngest son likes it too

BVH BIKES said:
strechies aernt usually my style or what i even look at but for some reason i like yours its lookin pretty darn cool i think it would look even better with a nice paint job and some pin striping maybe some red stripe tires nice build i keep looking at it my youngest son likes it too

It will have a paint job soon....as soon as I get the new wheels & tires! This is completely mocked up right now, just thrown together! I will post more photos when it all comes together! Thanks a lot, keep looking at it, soon you may have one!
GERRY D.

Latest posts

Back