26' RUSTY cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, i'm italian and this is "made in Italy" Montana 26' cruiser bike... i bought it used and abused, it looked cool in his stock form, but the tribal flame really bother me so i started to grind them out...

stock and beated

21143yr.jpg

hrkdh3.jpg

245irnd.jpg

bye bye stupid tribals

5mbggn.jpg

stripped the bike almost completely, changed everything on it, brakes, tubes, tyres, and setted the gears

6pre4m.jpg

here comes the rust, helped by and emulsion of vinegard salt and water

2itigk4.jpg

jtrk75.jpg

30rxs1j.jpg

ruggedy looks obtained by glossy red followed by a coat of flat black, sanded out with 200 grit

before

w7iy52.jpg

after

14t6a2p.jpg

efq5x2.jpg

2vdfrx1.jpg

i like stupid thing, nothing is more stupid than slap a gasoline commercial sticker on a bike... so here it is

261do55.jpg

changed the seat for a white one, zebra securuty chain holder, and custom styled rear light (6v)

spx3lg.jpg

2112zhf.jpg

fake wood... do not like it completely...

1pui68.jpg

here whatit looks right now... i think i find the best seat for the bike... but i still want a different handlebars, some suggestions?!?

scx8xg.jpg

53uyj4.jpg

1igy29.jpg

hope you like it... i know it nothing special... i saw incredible build on this site :shock: :shock: :shock:

LOOKING GOOD!! KEEP IT UP AND ...GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

That is the junkiest pile of bolts of all time. Amazing and awesome. I love it.

How long did you apply your mix of salt, water, and vinegar? Was it just a matter of holding your nose, painting it on and letting it sit? Or did you wipe it off after a short while?

Nice home grown patina.

thanks everyone!

PabloAntonio said:
That is the junkiest pile of bolts of all time. Amazing and awesome. I love it.

How long did you apply your mix of salt, water, and vinegar? Was it just a matter of holding your nose, painting it on and letting it sit? Or did you wipe it off after a short while?

LOL, thanks, i'll you your first sentence as signature if can.. can i? 8)

I've tried to use as more used and rusted bolts i had laying around as i could

this is how i obtained the rust:

grinded down to metal the frame using sandpaper tool and a drill

then i sprayed the entire bike with the moisture and let it dry fast putting the bike under direct sun light

i repeated the spray thing for 3 or 4 times during 1 hour (it's super hot here in Italy right now) sprayed more moisture on bolts an joins

repeated the same thing the next day... then let it dry overnight

the thirth day i washed the entire bike with just water (was litterally cover with salt :lol:) , at this point the rust was already in the form you see it now :shock:

the red/black part were obtained just using spray paint... red, then black sanded immediately, let it dry for 15 min, then sanded a bit again

today i installed a new front light i found... it's a superlux, mid 40's, it has 2 bulbs and a super cool switch... i'll snap a pic later :D

i'm thinking about install a damped front fork... could you tell me which kind of i have to look for?!

i have a two tube style bmx front fork, can i just fit it on the cruiser?

Mugen_Stumpo said:
i'm thinking about install a damped front fork... could you tell me which kind of i have to look for?!

i have a two tube style bmx front fork, can i just fit it on the cruiser?
Use a caliper and measure the outside diameter of the fork you have on the bike now and the fork that you plan on installing. If they have the same OD and are both threaded or both threadless, then you'll have no problems. Going threaded to threadless or the other way around takes different parts and pieces, so figure that into your cost, if that's what you're dealing with.

And how about some progress pictures? :)

i'll mesure the od today then report everything here, thank pablo

for now i can tell you that my other bike, the fork donor, looks like this one...

stingrayfastbacklg.jpg

but the fork is more like this

2006-sting-ray-black20-3.jpg

i'll post more pics later... thanks :D

Mugen_Stumpo said:
i'll mesure the od today then report everything here, thank pablo

for now i can tell you that my other bike, the fork donor, looks like this one...

stingrayfastbacklg.jpg

but the fork is more like this

2006-sting-ray-black20-3.jpg

i'll post more pics later... thanks :D

I didn't realize that they made a 3 speed version of the OCC StingRay. Man, I would love to get my hands on that 20x4 3 speed wheel!!!!!

4rydqg.jpg

today i switched the pedals for an old and rusted set of shimano i had...

343ptdx.jpg

this is the superlux front light... it have two bulbs, it's really cool

28heiw7.jpg

i also sprayed all the rusty spots with clear, the rust now is a very dark brown (fantastic!) and should not grow some more...

mlkqja.jpg

also found this great rolle speedometer... don't know if i could use it, but i surely restore it

xdtsaa.jpg

maybe i'll use this old garelli front fork... do not know if this thing could fit the bike but i will take some mesurements etc...

i5c29w.jpg

2ue20i9.jpg

let me know what do you think... is it possible to make it fit? it possible to stretch it to fit the 26' wheel?

it'd be cool if you pull off putting those forks onto your frame. Are you planning on using the front wheel also?

Cheers Jonnie

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take some measurements. How long are your steer tubes? What are their diameter? The one I put inside the original was a nice tight fit. Did not take much force to get it in but did use a rubber mallet and a few wracks. The cut down the front allowed the original tube to expand some for a good fit. You could always then take it some were to weld up. I then used some bondo to give me a nice blending of the tubes. The taper actually added a nice touch to the frame.

still nothing new about the front fork...

but tonight i stuffed the bike with the biggest amount possible of metal studs...

really like the look, i'll add even more :shock: :D

2r4h17q.jpg

5uzbk.jpg

264rjag.jpg

fender have only studs hardware right now... pedals got a pair of them and the Chainwheel got 4 and so on...

added a license plate too :shock:

finally after a lot of modification i was able to mount the garelli front fork onto my loved cruiser... i had to make custom spacer to lenghten up the fork and still maintain the right suspension travel...

still need to figure out waht kind of rim i have to use on the front to mantain the 26x2.125 tire... for now i used a rear 26 inch rim and a old skinny tire... don't looks so bad :shock:

the fork interior part that i modded

311p6wm.jpg

rusty waiting for it :p

the SEMI-DONE stage

23l1rwi.jpg

k37nk5.jpg

34pauti.jpg

Latest posts

Back