2fer (updated pics 10-27-07)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh No! :shock: Could be a frame mod needed! :shock:

On the rear of the frame, near the bottom bracket and between the arms that the wheel sets in, is a tab that usually holds a fender at the bottom. It's in my way! :x Is it o.k. with you guys if I cut it out or at least "bump it" with a big hammer? I think that it will probably break off if I try to bend it, cause it's aluminum.
Otherwise the tandem becomes a Parton Pixie for 2! :? :roll: :cry:

cman said:
Chainsaw said:
Thanks Hooch, if we lived closer the world would be pretty cool-scary! 8)

Yeh, unlimited bikes/parts and two brilliant minds.

And good looking too! It would be a perfect world! :mrgreen:

Re: here's and idea :)

RecumbentCountry said:
turn it into a drag bike.

drop handlebars,
sit on the front seat
pedal with the back pedals
fabricate a drag wing from the back seat over the back tire.
fabricate a gas tang for the front part of the frame between the handlebars and the seat :)

I hope this gives you mind something to chew on :)

Doug

DUDE THIS WOULD BE SWEET! AND AFTER THE BUILD U COULD PUT ON THAT SLICK!!!

Chainsaw said:
I think that it will probably break off if I try to bend it, cause it's aluminum. :

mine fell off my schwinn when i applied some leverage with a screwdriver, i guess you could always tie a cable around a tree, thread it through the hole and take off on your bike like a madman, but that would require a video camera :D

P.S. i dint think it would be anyworse than knockin off a factory cable stay. but im not in charge, just ask my wife !! :mrgreen:

Chainsaw said:
Oh No! :shock: Could be a frame mod needed! :shock:

On the rear of the frame, near the bottom bracket and between the arms that the wheel sets in, is a tab that usually holds a fender at the bottom. It's in my way! :x Is it o.k. with you guys if I cut it out or at least "bump it" with a big hammer? I think that it will probably break off if I try to bend it, cause it's aluminum.
Otherwise the tandem becomes a Parton Pixie for 2! :? :roll: :cry:

it would bother me in the least i wouldn't consider that a "structure modification" just something that's in the way but like ccr it's not my call

Decided to leave the fender tab alone. Going a little off course from the original direction, but you guys didn't know what it was exactly, so don't worry.

Found an old luggage rack.
2fer0003.jpg

Squished it out and stuffed it on the bike.
2fer0006.jpg

Hey! look what was hiding in the "Scary Room"!
2fer0005.jpg

Not quite what Hooch had in mind, but I think he'll like the direction I'm going. :wink:
2fer0007.jpg

Probably will be Tuesday before I can do anything else. This little wagon has also inspired me to go Flat black, red and off white. More than likely will go with whitewalls. Also planning on doing some wierd stuff to the front end!

It's like a crew cab short bed pickup. Make the front look like a Hummer

:D

Agreed I have nothing against Hummers but unless you absolutely, positively, have to go anywhere, anytime, then they as a vehicle are cramped, uncomfortable, and have very little room inside considering how big they are. (Worlds longest sentence)

Nonetheless they are attractive in a tough, utilitarian, way. The H3 is a bit better but you might as well buy the Envoy as they are the same vehicle underneath.

Aaron

O.K., so in between being the "Official" Lil Pixie photographer, finding the tools that Gigs needs and cleaning up the Pixie Dust, I manged to put some better rims on 2fer and also mount the tires I wanna use.

DSCF1472.jpg

DSCF1473.jpg

Later today I hope to get some fabbing done on the forks and other front end components.
Hope to have pics tonight! :wink:

Well I finally got the shop to myself and did a little work on 2fer. Not much but some.

Found some flat steel laying around, so I thought , "what the heck". After a little cutting, and drilling, I had this!

DSCF1651.jpg

DSCF1652.jpg

Welded in a couple of pieces and ended up with a big rectangular creature. It seemed to fit on the front, so that's where it got stucked!

DSCF1657.jpg

DSCF1659.jpg

While punishing a bad lawnmower, I saw this little gem!

DSCF1686.jpg

DSCF1685.jpg

The engine ended up being uncooperative and had to be put down, so this part shall live on as a headlight or taillight.

Dunno what you are doin with the lawn mower part, but looks like the flat stock is going to make some serious haulin platform. Look forward to the rest. Get busy.

Found some metal and got a chance to do some cuttin' and weldin' today. Hopefully tomorrow I can get it in place. luckily the frame is aluminum, which translates in to ... lighter than a regular tandem. But it should catch up to it's steel cousins real soon!

Found this chunk of steel ...
DSCF1255.jpg

A little measuring and some cutting ....
DSCF1257.jpg

Now I got 2 of these. one will get cut a little shorter.
DSCF1256.jpg

Wow, I found this ! O.K., not too exciting but you get to look at it anyways!
DSCF1261.jpg

Cut the square tube up and got these ....
DSCF1262.jpg

Then I welded them to the short plate.
DSCF1264.jpg

Tomorrow you might get to see what the heck I'm doing with this crap!

Latest posts

Back