3£♪ aka Three Bob Note!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just getting started!

This will be my first entry in a build off, was trying to do something last year but kept being bothered by work...

I'm looking to build something you guys have never seen before :D well hopefully!

It's all about the power of three, hence the name - 3£♪ ... (£ standing for bob -old English nickname for a shilling)...

Parts wise the frame (brown one) is a Hercules (ladies English style) with the Donor bike being an Emelle Mixte (blue broken one) ... plus a Sturmey-archer 3Spd Dyno Hub (Nov 1982) + On-One Mungo Moustache Bars!!!!

Starting Kit:
DSCN6956.jpg

Damage to Emelle Frame:
DSCN6959-1.jpg

DSCN6958-2.jpg

Unfortunately the mixte frame is broken and cracked so it will be cut up and the frame tubes will be used on the brown frame. I was planning on using it but rule 3: [Must use factory frame....no altering of original frame structure/geometry.] means I can't build the bike I originally planned, so it gets the chop.

Gdcast said:
ldnkiwi said:
Just getting started!

was trying to do something last year but kept being bothered by work...

Never consider a wife either! :wink: :lol:

Oh yes, Woman is a full-time *coughheadachecough*... I mean pleasure :lol:

tin machine said:
looking forward to your build , i like mixtes sold a few of them , just got the wife a pink one , never seen a ratrod mixte !!! but i bet it will be cool 8)

Mixte is a good French frame... over there it is pretty unisex, but I've noticed in London only chicks seem to get their hands on it.

Yeah I would have loved to have done the full build on the Mixte frame but as it's broken I'll just be using it's coolest parts 8) for parts! ... managed to get it for free from a girl who has a looooooooooong history of wreaking frames, which is not bad for a 20lb weakling :)

[quote="ldnkiwi]

DSCN6994.jpg

??[/quote]
this gives the frame a dual exhaust look. But still with the step through look.

The Inspiration...

I'm a Kiwi based in London, and although I've lived all around the world (getting by as a technician for Yamaha motorcycles) one place which stands out is the city of Napier, NZ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBXHeLom6YQ ...

images.jpg

... pretty much the whole place is Art Deco and that is what 3£♪ will be... an art deco masterpiece (I hope!!!) - so think the style of Charles Rennie Mackintosh: http://www.crmsociety.com/ - all lines and delicate symmetry...

... golds, creams, blacks, silvers... mahogany...

CRM.jpg

That's gonna look sweet!
Glad to see an international entry. We had a few last year.

Latest posts

Back