3 piece crankset on cruiser frame???

Discussion in 'HOW TO' started by Mike G, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Mike G

Mike G

Hey I'm not knocking OPC's, I was just looking for something different to do with one of the two WM frames I have when I stumbled on that Core 77, then like an idiot went out looking for a Profile Imperial sprocket... and found one pretty cheap! If the dang thing would have fit the OPC I never would have initiated this thread:crazy:. Now I've opened up a whole new can of worms... it's a "Life Experience" thing!:headbang:

2. patman73

patman73

most sealed 3 piece cranks never need greased like a one piece crank bearings do, so i would go sealed 3 piece cranks in a off road conditions !

3. toro1978

toro1978

I know this is an old thread, but I will revive because I have a few questions.
    1. Is there a (threaded) BMX spindle that I can use with the standart one piece bearings? Edit - is this what I need:
    spindle.JPG
    2. Can I use BMX three piece cranks with an offset chainring (that I currently use with my one piece crank)?
    3. Are BMX crankarms always made for 9/16 pedals?
    4 Has anyone put a three piece BMX cranks in a Felt tankframe and are there any clearance issues that might occur?

Starnger likes this.