3 speed hub questions

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I picked up cruiser at a garage sale turned out to be a schwinn from 79, just noticed it has a 3 speed shimano nexus inter 3 hub, and it's freewheel, with no linkage for it whatsoever, just a hole through the axle, anybody know where I can get the parts to hook it up, all parts and info I find is for the coaster brake model only. Also, instructions or a point in the right direction as to how to hook it up would be greatly appreciated. Anybody know what model it might be? Doesn't have the chainguard, it does have straight tubular forks though, which I thought was odd for a 31yr old cruiser

Got the parts in, and started looking for installation instructions and all avenues pointed towards shimano's PDF files, which looked very daunting and didn't say much about installing my version which is the Nexus inter3 SG-3R40 without drum brake, just freewheel, most files were exploded view, parts lists and troubleshooting and didn't help, and I think because installation is so easy! I inserted the push rod, screwed down the bell crank, put it in 2nd, adjusted it between the 2 yellow lines and it was done! Literally took 5 minutes and was effortless, it rides and shifts super smooth, thanks again cman for pointing me in the right direction for parts

Latest posts

Back