3 speed Sturmey Archer hubs for the Beast!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So has anyone done one of these hub swaps yet? I just bought a bike with the fat tires and want to try to put a geared hub in, I saw this hub does it work?

I have lurked on numerous sites but have joined here as I today bought a "Beast". I want multiple speed rear end, not sure if I want internal or external. I am definitely going to add a 2 stroke motor like grubee
to my build and stretch frame like others have done. I am OK with spending a little money on the beast in upgrades for what I want. Like to see Motorized Beast builds from others. :lol: :lol:

mikeonabike said:
I have lurked on numerous sites but have joined here as I today bought a "Beast". I want multiple speed rear end, not sure if I want internal or external. I am definitely going to add a 2 stroke motor like grubee
to my build and stretch frame like others have done. I am OK with spending a little money on the beast in upgrades for what I want. Like to see Motorized Beast builds from others. :lol: :lol:
I think you would be better served with external gears as I would question the strength of the internal one.

Not to mention cost, choppers US has the hub for a threaded cassette or freewheel and disk brake mount for $30 and you can easily find a cheap Walgoose mountain bike with a disk brake front to cannibalize the gear cluster, derailleur, disk brake, caliper, and brake lever / shifter from. I plan to modify my beast with freewheel and disk brake rear next summer. just to make it more fun, in my opinion the coaster brake really holds this bike's cool factor back.

Latest posts

Back