'37 Elfman Streamline Deluxe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now THAT is a ducktail!!!

I really like this shot! Very cool.
20150725_182502.jpg

That ducktail looks dope. I wasn't sure about your droputs, but seeing how you now connected them the way you did I like em a lot. The only thing that looks off now is the rear fender indents for the original frame placement.

You'll get it done!
You have a spokesmodel to help.

Just back from vacation and catching up, this thing is screaming. Can't wait to see the Springer.

You'll get it done!
You have a spokesmodel to help.

Mmmm, I think she would be more a distraction than a help. I was off to a ripping start but then i started thinking about the mechanics of what I drew and realized the it was a poor design because the motion was going to be more forward than up, so I have to do some of it over. I just got back from the hardware store, I think I have the necessary bits but its going to be another late night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so maybe designing and building a custom springer in 24 hours is not within the realm of my abilities, In my defense I really didn't start building it till late last night if you discount my initial rejected design. I'm not quite bouncing yet, but it is well on its way and I think its going to work and look great. And I think it will weigh less than 15lbs! Here's what it looked like when I retired for the night.

Havnt checked this build in awhile, this bike has come out amazing!!!! Absolutely amazing! You have some Colson, murray, huffman, westfield all in there! Too cool

Just make sure you get some forks in there, even if they aren't springers. I just want this baby to cross the finish line. You can always revisit upgrades later.

Just make sure you get some forks in there, even if they aren't springers. I just want this baby to cross the finish line. You can always revisit upgrades later.

Good advice I'm sure, but I've had to cross so many things off my wish list due to the lack of time: custom horizontal spring seat, custom stem with integral speedo, custom rack and chain guard, fender side extensions, sweet patinad paint job etc etc... this springer was one of the things I was most looking forward to making and I'm super excited about it. I've got the linkage all functional and its working just like I'd envisioned it. Now all I need to do is fab the upper and lower brackets to hold the spring. I'll post some pictures later tonight.

Latest posts

Back