3G Cruisers?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The owner is a guy from Bayonne NJ. He is great friends with the owner of the shop I go to. The guy from 3G dropped off some bikes they used as demos at a bike show. The bikes seem pretty well built. The models I saw had 26x3.65 tires.. (if I am correct on the size) they looked 4inches wide! I think their website is 3Gbikes.com..

FaceOFFbikes said:
The owner is a guy from Bayonne NJ. He is great friends with the owner of the shop I go to. The guy from 3G dropped off some bikes they used as demos at a bike show. The bikes seem pretty well built. The models I saw had 26x3.65 tires.. (if I am correct on the size) they looked 4inches wide! I think their website is 3Gbikes.com..
3G has a nicely laid out website.Wonder if they're better than Micargi....

I saw a pair of these 3G cruisers in the proverbial flesh at our local bike trail. Nice high end welds and great geometry. Surprisingly light too. Look to be on equal footing with Electras as they had some nice rimsets and decent brakes too. The couple bought them from the 3G website and seemed to like them very much. Definitely better quality than a Pacific or a department store Schwinn.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they are on par with Electras, but 3G bikes are good middle-of-the-road bikes.
They're definitely better than MiCrappy and the current Schwinn/Wal-mart bikes, but I find them to be a bit pricey.

good bikes, but that bike looks so plain jane =(.

They used to make more edgier cruisers.

ps
the 3.45 boa tire is about the same as a quick brick when actually measured (around 2.5"). Thick bricks are wider.

Latest posts

Back