4/17/2011 2nd Annual Midwest Bicycle Swapmeet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mark your Calendar's, the 2nd annual Midwest Bicycle Swapmeet will be held on Sunday April 17th (rain date May 1st) at the Hometown Market area in Haysville, Kansas.

Website here... http://locojoe.com/coasters/pages/swap.html

Open from 8am to whenever
Setup @ 7am

Selling spaces are just $5
Bike Corral will be provided for those wanting to sell a bike but not needing a full booth
Hot Dogs and drinks on site
Things in the works... Pinstriper on site, also looking into bringing a fender roller, bring all your dented fenders!

Hope to see you there!

IMG_1083.JPG

IMG_1146.JPG

31682_118481581504095_100000267624075_216911_1396042_n.jpg

31682_118481694837417_100000267624075_216936_3937464_n.jpg
Who knows... Sgt. Pepper may even be there this year!

I will be there... Nothing to sell... But I am sure I will buy something!!! :mrgreen:

looks like marty and i will be there!!! pub crawl the night before?

65rat said:
If any of the out of towners need a place to put a trailer I have room for 2 or 3. I'm just 2 blocks away.

I might need to steal some garage space the day before. I have no trailer and too much stuff to bring in one trip. If ya got room I could start shuttling my goodies to Haysville.

udallcustombikes said:
65rat said:
If any of the out of towners need a place to put a trailer I have room for 2 or 3. I'm just 2 blocks away.

I might need to steal some garage space the day before. I have no trailer and too much stuff to bring in one trip. If ya got room I could start shuttling my goodies to Haysville.
I have a trailer you can borrow too 8)

subadrew said:
I'm tempted to make this drive...

Are there deals to be had (enough to buy some for me, and buy some to sell to pay for gas)?

I doubt I'd bring anything to sell once there, but maybe...

We had 20-30 folks selling stuff last year, I am expecting even more this year. There will be a large selection of treasures to be taken home.

Yes I am expecting an even bigger turnout from last year. I believe the Bicycle movement in The Wichita area is still on the rise, especially the vintage and custom stuff. It seems more and more people are looking for vintage parts and bikes (and just bicycles in general thanks to the gas prices)

I do know of several parts (and bikes) that had multiple owners throughout the day... a new guy would arrive and people would descend on him like a hungry pack of wolves, deals would be struck and in a matter of minutes his truck was emptied... then the parts got traded back and forth all day long. It was quite a sight to behold!

I bought a complete vintage Western Flyer for $40, and I did get an offer from a guy wanting to buy it later in the day, but I hung onto it. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back