4/17/2011 2nd Annual Midwest Bicycle Swapmeet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a great time today! Way too many bikes to look at. I ended up bring home most of what I took, but I did get some treasures.

Re-pop Columbia bars
2011-04-17165853.jpg

Delta light
2011-04-17164738.jpg

Some pinstriping on the Colson Rat
2011-04-17164647.jpg

2011-04-17164654.jpg

2011-04-17164705.jpg

I got this 24" BMX from 65rat, but by the end of the day I had traded it for some powder coating services
2011-04-17164632.jpg

And I got this Tandem from aka_locojoe
2011-04-17164624.jpg

It didn't take long to get it on the road!
2011-04-17174832.jpg

pick said:
Cameron, does she know she lost her passenger??? :lol:

I had to bail to snap the pic.

dogdart said:
that horn is lookin' good with the pins :wink:

I am glad I got it from you, it is a perfect fit for the bike.

I really appreciate the effort people put forth to get tons of stuff to the swap knowing there's a chance they will have to load it all back up to take it home. People like Cameron are what makes these events great.
My family all had a really good time. Photos and video here http://locojoe.com/coasters/archives/81 ... -Swap.html

Cameron (udallcustombikes)
IMG_5574.JPG

450redrider
IMG_5563.JPG

Dangratsdan
IMG_5597.JPG

My Mother (right) and 65rat's Daughter (left) watching our booths while we shop.
IMG_5582.JPG

I had a good time I came with a few more projects but got rid of some others
Bought this Corvette from Akalocojoe after loving the way my dads rides
2011-04-17200032.jpg

2011-04-17200642.jpg

Picked up this 69 Lemon peeler frame I already had the chainguard
2011-04-17201912.jpg

Picked this Old Rollfast and chopper fork from ks rollfast
2011-04-17201115.jpg

2011-04-17201134.jpg

After making multiple trips over to see Marty and Jon
2011-04-17200642.jpg

2011-04-17201349.jpg

And I got some pinstriping layed down on my Dayton Huffman frame
2011-04-16183112.jpg

2011-04-17195547.jpg

2011-04-17195616.jpg

2011-04-17195655.jpg

I appreciate everyone's efforts, The turnout this year was very good. Plenty of goodies to browse.

I put on the swap this year with the help of many people, I especially want to thank my Wife for helping out, and Randy and Bill with Accent Mobile Music was a HUGE help, they stepped in and took over for me when I had to leave early.

My Dad has been battling terminal congestive heart failure for the last seven years, Today at 4:40pm he lost his battle. RIP Dad you will be missed. :(

Ratfink1962 said:
I appreciate everyone's efforts, The turnout this year was very good. Plenty of goodies to browse.

I put on the swap this year with the help of many people, I especially want to thank my Wife for helping out, and Randy and Bill with Accent Mobile Music was a HUGE help, they stepped in and took over for me when I had to leave early.

My Dad has been battling terminal congestive heart failure for the last seven years, Today at 4:40pm he lost his battle. RIP Dad you will be missed. :(

I thank you for all the time and effort in putting the swap meet on
Deepest condolences on the loss of your Father :( you and your family are in my family's prayers

We can't thank you enough Mitch for starting this fun event and for putting it on again this year especially under these circumstances.

Once again condolences to you and your family from myself, my parents, Nova and Tara.

Thanks to everyone who helped or offered to help load stuff, clean up etc... after.

Mitch, thank you so much for putting on a great swapmeet today and the wonderfull garage tour ride Saturday evening! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family tonight.

Hey Mitch,, it was a great time seeing old friends and making new friends , and selling some stuff, too. Its always good to see every body, and to get rid of some stuff, and create happy new memories . Im Sad about the lose of your father, think about the good times, thats what life s all about. Your father Im sure is proud to have a son such as you. Thank you. Peace be with you and yours. Dan.

Guys, thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers.

Given the circumstances I still had a great time, it helped me to get away from things for a little bit. And Dan... yes Dad was very proud of me, And I was very proud of him.

Ok enough of that, Im already scheming about the Bike Fest and next year's swap. :D

Sorry for your loss of your loved one! Now back on to cheery!

We filled up our Nissan with goodies and sold more than half of what we brought. We also gave away some rims and tires that we had no need for anymore. Sounds like some of it will be used for an Art of a Bicycle Project. (Got some picamatures to upload of what we got)

But it was something we had been waiting to go all year since LowpowerD looked up RatRodBikes and The Coasters. And we were rather satisfied with the outcome :D Pretty awesome :D

Ps:LowpowerD and I both vote for a Coasters Saturday Night Ride in our town!

PSS: Pictures coming in a little while, Pwromise!

LittleBlueTrike said:

Since you are both now "official" coasters menbers :D :wink: ... all you have to do is browse the coasters schedule and pick a date, then plan it out and let Randy know the details so he can update the website, then promote it and DO IT!!!

Ratfink1962 said:
LittleBlueTrike said:

Since you are both now "official" coasters menbers :D :wink: ... all you have to do is browse the coasters schedule and pick a date, then plan it out and let Randy know the details so he can update the website, then promote it and DO IT!!!

and think of a catchy name for the ride :D

Latest posts

Back