4/22/12 Midwest Bicycle swapmeet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ndaway said:
Early in the day I was selling and your bikes went fast...and the boys came up later I don't think they knew what they wanted till they saw them and they still got a pretty good price 8) ..one of my bikes I came way down on because I thought the guy wanted for himself and then he took it over to his spot and sold for more money...guess that's just the way it goes sometimes
aka_locojoe said:
Ndway don't know if you know those were my muscle bikes that I sold earlier in the day. I wish I'd known those boys were interested in them. We could have cut out the middle man and saved someone some $$$
I knew he had intentions of reselling. Just not so soon. I'd rather just given them to the kids. For me it's not about the money. I'd rather give a bike to someone that's going to use it.

pick said:
anniesbike003.jpg

Pick,
That is a Sweet bike, what a SCORE!!!

If your wife dont like it.... then maybe you should ride it.

Wow, what an event! I got home about 9:00 PM tired & sun burned (I think the wind played a roll in it too), but so worth it! I was part of the "Kansas City 7", boy did we have a blast. Thank you to everyone, there was not a stranger in the crowd. I hope many of you can make it to our event http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewto ... =5&t=55386 Perhaps we'll get to meet again.

Clark

WHAT A GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Want to give a big Thanks to Tim for letting me use his bike stand AND giving me a tube for my bike Sat night!!! Also Mitch and Randy for the shop tours and munchies! And everyone else for making us feel welcome ! Great ride, KILLER SWAP!!
Picked up tons of good stuff! And the free pile was awesome! I am ready to do it again! Hope to see yaall soon up in KC.!!
Rich
" The K.C seven"

It was nice meeting the out-of-towners who I didn't already know. Even though I already can't put names to faces.

The swap just wouldn't be the same without you all's participation.

Earlier I said Tim gave me a great deal on a bike. Kinda funny. His Wife and girls were running the register for him. I went and bought the bike and Tim didn't know. Later when he found out I payed his asking price, he tracked me down and gave me a rebate :D .

65rat said:
Here's my haul . Just what I needed another project :shock:
2012-04-23192852.jpg

2012-04-23191344.jpg

Randy you've gave me plenty of deals, it's the least I could do.
dont suppose you would part with that balck/white schwinn chainguard? the final piece i need... :wink:

Man, I missed out on some fun. Randy great video and all the pictures that every body has posted I'm seeing some cool stuff. Wish I could if made it, I'll be there next if my new ventures works out.

aka_locojoe said:
Here's a video of just some of the swap. There was more than what I got on video http://youtu.be/dUrkZei9w4Y
Watched the neat video a couple of times, and then one sequence in stop motion. Think I had a guy shop lift me. He picked something up off the table and stuck it in his pocket. Did manage to sell a couple of bikes and various parts through out the day.

MazdaFlyer said:
aka_locojoe said:
Here's a video of just some of the swap. There was more than what I got on video http://youtu.be/dUrkZei9w4Y
Watched the neat video a couple of times, and then one sequence in stop motion. Think I had a guy shop lift me. He picked something up off the table and stuck it in his pocket. Did manage to sell a couple of bikes and various parts through out the day.

Ed... nice catch! and from the video it looks like he did rip you off. Any idea what was taken?

Amazing that Randy was taking video and caught it, too bad it didnt show a face though. People like that need to remember... what goes around comes around.

Both Randy and I wanted that orange/blue bike you were selling.... it was very nice.

Latest posts

Back