'41 Rollfast

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's my entry:
1941 Rollfast w/ a '63 Sears Spaceliner front fork. Think I'm gonna go w/ a "WWII bomber/bobber" look. I'll keep you guys posted...
jeffsbikes001.jpg

25_1.jpg

MVC-271.jpg

thanx guys, it's good to be back. my computer's been on the fritz so i've been hoppin' around using my friends. I got some updated pix, I just gotta download & post'em.

I know i've been away for a while but i've been documenting this build up. finally got a new laptop, so i'm back in there! here's one of my first "mock up" pix. I finally got my red chain in the mail. i won it on ebay & the dude took forever to send it out to me! I definately like the way the front forks turned out, with the rockers "flipped", puts the front wheel out there & drops the whole bike down a couple of inchs. very sweet! i just wasn't feelin it though. the over-all look, I've got to many other bikes w/ this same kinda setup (apes w/ the "big & littles"), so I tore it back down again. like I said, gonna run w/ a "bomber/bobber" look.
012.jpg

so I traced out on cardboard a template for my faux tank. I picked up a sheet of aluminium from my local metal shop & got to cuttin. this is the first one I cut out. I got a little crazy with the grinder so I decided to use this one to practice my stencil "skills"
033.jpg

well here it is! I had this repop "hair-pin" seat I was gonna use on another project but the thing looks right at home on this. I traded a set of all black wheels to a buddy of mine for these red ones. SCORE!! they were off his Dyno-Glide. saved me from havin' to mask off all those stupid spokes! got the tank in place. used stainless strap for household plumping to keep the tank in place (you can pick it up in any hardware store) and then used stainless allen bolts with wingnuts to fasten it. BMX pedals and red sparkle grips w/ "licence plate bullets" for end caps. look how that front wheel is stuffed up in that frontend! its SICK! I told you kids you were in trouble.
002.jpg

I think I gotta "unfair advantage" here. this time of year, in the sunshine state, its always warm enough to paint! sunny & 70's :lol: sorry fellas. anyways... got my green on. it killed me to paint the forks, but there really was no savin'em. double00 steel-wool can only do so much. I think they look pretty sweet though. tank or no tank??? DEFINETLY TANK! THE F-BOMB... there's gonna be alot of people "droppin F bombs" when this things done!! it 8nt done yet... we're just gettin started. more pix to come suckers!!
004.jpg

003.jpg

you kids are in trouble!

MAD SKILLS!!, ma man u got MAD SKILLS them there kids R in trubal :shock: :shock:
....hope that truck is not just for storage :mrgreen:

PoPPa WHeeLie said:
so here's my colors I'm gonna run with...a little army green, a little glossy red. you kids are in trouble!
035.jpg

Poppa, that's the exact color and brand of green I'll be using on Rodentia! It looks GREAT on your bike. Hopefully mine will look good too. I love the "Bruiseresque" quality of your ride. Looks like you could run it head-on into a brick wall and not hurt it!

Latest posts

Back