47 Whizzer build- 50's RAT!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have this fully rebuilt 47 Whizzer Engine that Im slowly building up. I recently got some motor mounts for it and a few parts that I have gathered for it over the past few years and mocked it up on a DX frame. I plan on building this bike up using 40's and 50's parts. I want it to look like a bike that a kid built up in the late 50's to hang with the local Whizzer Gang. I have a 59 Wasp Frame coming that should have all the clearance Im looking for, if not ill notch it. Is has the color and patina Im looking for. I have a set of blue 40's DX fenders with original paint that Ill use. Im looking for a Whizzer for but for now I may use a Monark fork. Here is a few Photos of the mock up. Ill add pictures as I go over the next few weeks. My goal is to have it done and riding way before spring.

I just finished the rear wheel. Its a NOS New Departure Model D .120g with newer .120 gauge spokes and nipples laced to an older stock heavy duty chrome .120 rim. I used a new Taiwan Sheave because I like the mounting hardware better. Bontrager 26x2.3 tire for now.

I think these are the fenders Im going with. They are 40's DX fenders and Im trying to figure out exactly what color blue it is so I can purchase a can from vintageschwinn.com to paint the tank. I want to distress the paint on the tank to match the fenders. The frame will be a Black Schwinn Wasp Cantilever.

Latest posts

Back