4th of July Giveaway Contest! Guess how much scrap metal...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
625. I was thinking id separate it too, but it does take time. do they pay less for having tires and grips and stuff?

625. I was thinking id separate it too, but it does take time. do they pay less for having tires and grips and stuff?

They pay the same $9 rate for what you saw, they do that for appliances and junk and cars, you can get better rates for better sorted stuff but it's not worth my time.

I know it's not equal to the bicentennial year of 1976, so I'll make a patriotic guess of 976 pounds
Happy Independence Day!

699.5123 lbs., approximately.
I spent today pulling about 300 screws out of an old truck body we had ripped apart with my bud's backhoe so it could go as clean aluminum at $.57 a lb instead of dirty at $.18...Got $250 instead of $80 so I figure it was worth it. If you have the right tools (Sawzall and bolt cutters do great at separating) and a little time, it might pay...Or not. Aluminum is so light it take a bunch to get any weight. An entire box truck body netted me only 440 lbs. of aluminum...

~ ~ ~ 427 LBS

p3rry.gif

Latest posts

Back