'50 Schwinn Panther Board Tracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this on eBay, should have it in a few weeks (did I outbid any RRB'ers?)....been wanting to build a motorized bike for a while but knew I didn't just wanna slap a kit and cheap black tank on just any old bike and the look of patina'd boardtrackers finally made me pull the trigger.http://www.ebay.com/itm/131045706578?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Not planning on breaking any new ground here, I like what I have seen online that others have done with these frames and I won't mess with the character of the original 63 year old paint....it's only original once right? This build will take a while as time and funds allow but I'm glad I've FINALLY started after about four years of talking about it!

Once I've got it in hand I'll take some good pics and I'm sure to have some questions....never messed with an old Schwinn before but it seems to me that all the frame will need is new bottom bracket and steer tube cups, and obviously a new crank and bearings....hoping I can leave the kickstand as is, and will probably get a new black/chrome springer.

Here are some pics from the auction, loving this original paint and hand painted pinstripes and I want to keep it this way. The rest of the parts will be a mix of clean old parts (if I can find them) and some shiny new ones as well. Once I have the frame in hand I'll start buying a few things but I know it's gonna take a while because I don't want to cut corners with cheap parts....

50 frame by Nesto2008, on Flickr

50 frame 3 by Nesto2008, on Flickr

50 frame 5 by Nesto2008, on Flickr

50 frame 6 by Nesto2008, on Flickr

Thanks, it's definitely a departure for me after shiny Electras (and a Felt)....I paid a bit more than I would have liked to but there were several other eBayers who wanted it too, I think there were 18 bids total? Kinda on the fence about which wheels I'll be using, either Worksman or Felt, black of course. Normally I'm not a "black and red" kinda guy but this frame kinda made up my mind for me and I have always liked the look of black tires on black hoops. The rest of the parts will be a mix of black and chrome, with vintage stuff where I can find it, if it's not too exppensive.

You know sports man flyer makes tanks for straight bar I have been trying to get a straight bar frame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back