50's Custom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I've decided to hack up the Monark. Has anyone ever cut (the green spots) these areas on a bike & taken some tube out at the top to rotate the back of the bike up so it sits lower in the rear & gives it that 50's led sled look?? Not sure how it's going to work but wanna try it.
monark.jpg

Just cut the top green spot then bend back like Randy describes in his link for a frame chop. Nice bike.

I don't have any pics yet but we cut out 1.5" at the top & bent the rear of the bike up & welded it back & also cut the top of the tube off where the seat goes. Now the question is to run a 24" rim with 3" wide tire & bobbed fender or a 24" wheel & connect 2 fenders to make a fender that wraps around the tire in the rear & I'm going to run a 26" wheel on the front.

So is it going to be like a klunker/ lowrider mix? That would definitely be different from the other builds.

A RAT ROD perhaps?

A bobber frame would not be cut. Then it would be a chopper. (sorry can't stay quiet about this anymore)

Got the frame, tank & springer in primer. I've never been so undecided on a paint scheme & I also ordered the 24" x 3" white wall for the rear. I have NO IDEA what direction I'm headed with this thing now.
PB090003.jpg

I'm sure you'll come up with something cool. My iPod is chopping off the front of the picture. Any plans for the front fork? Were you able to find a rear wheel yet?

Put the 24" x 3" white wall on the back & a 26" x 2.125 up front. Just wanted to see how it looked. Now it's time to take it apart, wet sand & paint, that is if it gets a little warmer out.
PB130005.jpg

PB130003.jpg

PB130001.jpg

Got most of the bike painted satin white. It's too cold to paint now so I'm not sure if this will be done in time so I thought I'd just put some of it together. My plans are to paint the wheels satin black & then have the forks transparent blue with transparent blue flames onto the tank.
PB160001.jpg

PB160002.jpg

I guess I read a little to late as to what a klunker is. I'm a big dummy,ha ha!!! I guess this bike should just be in the regular build section.

Latest posts

Back