'50s Huffy Tank Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made a little road trip to pick this one up but it was worth it, despite the seriously whomped wheels, everything else is straight!
I love how you can still see the ghost images of the decals.
It's all original too but check out the 'tiger' grips!

DSC06048.jpg

DSC06050.jpg

DSC06052.jpg

DSC06049.jpg

DSC06051.jpg

DSC06053.jpg

DSC06056.jpg

Yep I agree, that Huffy is way cool, check the tank for a stash of cash! Cool tiger grips. If they're for sale, I'll buy em.

Thanks guys!
Yeah, the grips are the icing on the cake and will stay on the bike (for character). :wink:

I actually found the bike on CL up in Bryan, Texas. The wife and I made the trip up there on Sat., beautiful weather for a drive in the country! :D

I started tearing it down last night and amazingly it came apart pretty easy, considering the rust, none of the fasteners stripped (thanks to PB Blaster!)! :eek:

From what I can tell, the bike has never been apart and fortunately has never been repainted.
I love the patina, so the finish it took 60 years to get is how it is going to stay! :D

Btw, I didn't find any cash in the tank, lol!

Wildcat said:
Yep I agree, that Huffy is way cool, check the tank for a stash of cash! Cool tiger grips. If they're for sale, I'll buy em.

Have you seriously found CASH in an old tank? I've found batteries and bugs and spider nests. I say pics or it didn't happen, lol.

I think this is a Dial-A-Ride. Npence has one, or at least he used to. It's missing the springer if it is. These are getting pretty dang scarce!

Re: '50s Huffy Tank Bike *Update*

Update; here's a few pics of the finished product.
I blew the bike completely apart straightened all the dents and fender braces (which was a little more difficult than usual as they are curved), re-greased the bearings and replaced the wheels with some heavy-duties I had lying around.
It's ready to put some miles on now!

Looks about the same don't it?
That was the idea!

DSC06065.jpg

DSC06067.jpg

DSC06068.jpg

Latest posts

Back