50's Schwinn Rat-Rod Boardtracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 50's Schwinn Rat-Rod Boardtracker

Koolest bike ever, man!!!!! I've got a 8hp Briggs build I'm figuring out right now.. It's based on an old straight bar frame (was told its a Columbia) that I stretched 10". Going for a '30s land speed kind of look. I'm really digging your kick start, thats kinda where I'm hung up on mine.. What are those bearing from on your jack shaft?

Forgot to ask, how does the kick start turn the motor over since it has a centrifugal clutch? Is there a one-way bearing somewhere in the setup?

Images are finally updating again...so here is the battery box with 90% of the wiring done.
pypy5y7a.jpg

Here is my not so perfect wiring diagram
y8eteta3.jpg

As far as the kick start goes its a heavy duty bmxing free wheel taken apart and welded to a
Hub and then put back togeather. Earlier in the post there is several photos showing/ explaining it.
jabu9eqa.jpg
and finally the new headlight installed. Sealed beam 35 watt!! Sob is gonna be bright!!

Super cool man.
I still havent finished mine. Been workin on a lot of other things and have been given some 4 or 5 new bikes that needed love..
But soon I'll post some progress.
Keep it up.

If every thing works out ill be buying stuff to build a few sets of forks. I'll be able I do them in 1" and 1 1/8" headset.
laser cut lower rocker arms and drop outs with brass bushing all grade 8 hardware etc.

If you start kicking out these forks put me in line for a set. Very cool build I am in the process of one (a mid 50's 2 hp briggs) right now.

This is the coolest build I have ran across. I have seen some that look straight outta the showroom and look good but this one looks straight outta the speedshop ready to cruise with speed and style. I have a briggs in the build off 9 for this site but do not have the time and equipment to do the level going on here. Very cool man! I am placing a link below on what I am working on for the RRBO9. I will post a vid of it running once it is done hope to see the same with yours.

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/boardtracker-bomber-xiii.83394/

absolutely beautiful machine!! quick question, how did you come up with the right spring rate for your fork? experience? trial and error? a nice mathematical equation you are willing to share? :)

Latest posts

Back